illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heart of corruption

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 21:47

Sept-12, Sept-14, Sept-17, Sept-19, Sept-23
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 03:39
Looks like possibly only 7 squares to go. What's the plan this time around? 
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:45
get people to make loads of orc tentacles and then sell them to everyone except warty :P
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 23:53
Looks like heart is very close , I suggest that anyone that can to do the fortune teller to get the system note required < maybe when it starts beating those that have will get tentacles to grow around their cities. If so then we need to figure out the next step. I myself am waiting for this next move. But remember you must have 5 of each in the town that your working from . Just an Idea this way we can all work together to figure out how to kill tentacles to move forward.
Just here
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 03:59
For those that have had tentacles grow around their towns I have some questions.
1)What time of year did this happen Winter, summer, spring?
2)what time of day? night ?morning?
3)Was there a full moon?
4)Did you attack tentacles? Or just plant troops to stop growth?
5)Did you just give up and move the town?

It appears that 70 tentacles have grown around the heart. I do not know if the main part counts as one or not. But it seems the heart will start beating soon when the proper amount has grown. I suggest again that you get the fortune teller system mails done asap.

6)Did you use any magic on the Tentacles?
7)If you attacked the tentacles what happened to your troops?

Just here
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 15:40
If ever a new episode of HoC beating is coming, just a reminder about the use of  FT visits:

Eight Fortune Tellers appear on Illy's map every Illy day...
They move at midnight!

'Fortunately', Illy's 'benign' devs publish a daily update about Illy's map around 00h45mins, at 
http://data-root.illyriad.net/datafile_worldmap.txt

Each square of the map is described on a line of data, each one separated by a vertical bar ('|').
The fortune teller code is '157', on the 9th field of each line.

For those of you peeps who know how to launch a Unix line command, you may find it convenient to use this one:
curl --compress -s http://data-root.illyriad.net/datafile_worldmap.txt | awk -F"|" '$9 == "157" {print $2 "|" $3}'

(If you want to understand what this is doing:
curl means 'See URL' i.e. query the following site
--compress parameter means unzip the file from ditto site
-s means "spare me from gibberish messages about what you're doing, I don't care about them!"
awk (etc.) tells to read the resulting file, check for the lines where the 9th field has the code for Fortune Teller, and retrieve its x,y position on the map

Easy and nifty!, isn't it? )
Samalander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samalander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 04:16
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NWun81o7dWAQCbpjT0Oo9TuDzrhFoKa8DCjt489XCm8/pubhtml

Or you could just go to this site .  LOL
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 07:53
Audrey comes to life again.

Whats the plan this time?
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:08
I think there are currently 3 or 4 people doing the next step but they are waiting for the moon to be full for their phase to work. Then I think there is also some testing during that phase. Most things have been tried though. We still seem to be missing some key lore components to give us clues about what to do.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 17:54
Get Rich Making Tentacles
    Who should try to generate tentacles?  Anyone who is just starting this quest or is interested in collecting tentacles to sell in the market.  Dorf and orc tentacles are particularly in high demand in between "awakenings".  Elf tentacles have some value while human tentacles are a dime a dozen in the market.
    Recommendations vary widely when it comes to generating corrupted units to return and potentially deposit a tentacle at your castle door.  Please note that the size of the party sent to the temples does not matter.  An estimated 5% (1 in 20) of returning/attacking corrupted parties will drop A SINGLE tentacle.  

So you want to send lots of parties, if you are really into this quest, but there are some limiting factors.  One factor is the number of diplo units that you can have in motion at one time (consulate level + foreign office level).  If you favor speed then the messenger unit would be the way to go.  Other diplo units may be less expensive to create but the journey to the temples may take more time.  Once your diplo units are corrupted then you can immediately send your next round of units. 

If you are a wealthier player who enjoys a good use of prestige then it is possible to actually send caravans to these temples to be corrupted.  As you probably know you can speed up caravans to be as fast as you like and they are cheap and quick to replace. 
    Don't send military unless you suffer from some serious gold burn.  I know when you send to the Heart of Corruption itself that your forces die and your commander CANNOT be resurrected.  I'd expect a similar behavior from the temples.

The corrupted temples to which you send parties are located at:
    How do you defend against these incoming corrupted attacks?  They are not particularly mighty critters.  One unit at a time will usually bounce off of your city walls while possibly taking a member of your army down with it.  If you truly sent one unit at a time to the temples then single unit attacks, no matter how numerous, really won't make a dent in any standing army you might have.  Even if your defenses fail you are only out a few resources that the corrupted being could loot from your city.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic