illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Small Alliances Tournament League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Herod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:50
    Unfortunatelly , I`m  not  only  founder  of  my  alliance - but  also  lonely  member  of  it . And  I  can`t  imagine  how  such  sleepy  player  as  I  will  take  a  part  at  some  tournaments ...
    ... But  your  idea  - it  is  perfect  beginning , which  must   make  a  nice  changes ...
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:32
Originally posted by Herod Herod wrote:

Unfortunatelly , I`m  not  only  founder  of  my  alliance - but  also  lonely  member  of  it . And  I  can`t  imagine  how  such  sleepy  player  as  I  will  take  a  part  at  some  tournaments ...
    ... But  your  idea  - it  is  perfect  beginning , which  must   make  a  nice  changes ...

Depends on the scoring mechanism. Could be done so it is the average across all alliance members in which case as the sole member you could score quite well.
Herod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 13:14
    Thank  for  notice , Tensmoor , and - I`m  with  curiosity  and  pleasure  see , that  in  Past  you  did  choose  pretty  the  same  avatar  that  recently  did  choose  I  am .

Edited by Herod - 15 Apr 2018 at 13:16
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 13:29
I was asked to give my opinion on the subject so here it is:

I have no opinion. If there comes a tournament for small alliances we will participate. If there comes a tournament for all alliances we will participate. If someone has the time to set up a tournament I'll be very thankfull. 
General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 08:10
I personally like the idea of a growth tournament. This can allow unexpired alliance to learn something. It might also help build up and strengthen small alliances as well as give them a reward for doing it. Same thing could be said about pvp, but the incredibly tiny alliances won't be able to compete as well.
Check out some good role play stories at https://cocameron0.wixsite.com/illyriad-stories
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 23:56
31 different alliances have shown interest so far! 

I'm going to wait a few more days to see if I get any more responses and then start sending out IGMs asking which of the tournament types they want- king of the kill, capture the flag etc.

Once I have a clear idea what sort of tournament people want, I'll work out dates and costs then make a new thread for it.

General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 02:56
Have you figured out what the prize/reward is going to be for the winning alliance? In addition, is it going to be just the one prize or is there going to be third and second place prize as well?
Check out some good role play stories at https://cocameron0.wixsite.com/illyriad-stories
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 03:08
GM Cerberus has expressed a willingness to do medals provided the tournament is run fairly which would be awesome :)

Beyond that, prizes will likely consist of gold, prestige and rare minerals/ equipment. 

As for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes... that would mean there would be 9 prizes in total across the 3 different categories which could stretch the prize fund very thinly. 
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 03:49
Serious? Cerberus suspects you may play unfairly? The nerve!

I will provide up to 100 million gold for prizes, does anyone want to match me? Of course, if Eowan gets to keep the funds I want a receipt, and a Soul Forged Blade as collateral. I like you, Eowan, but you're a bit slippery at times.
I am a Machine.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 03:55
lol,
If I had a soul forged blade then I wouldn't be working my arse off to acquire funds to buy a tome with :P

I will make a record of donations and entrance fees public so people can make sure I'm not skimming off the top.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic