illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Small Alliances Tournament League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
DadOf7Kids View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DadOf7Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Alliances Tournament League
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 23:04
Please count ICON as in.  and add me to the IGM list.  

DO7K
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 11:47
IGMs to decide the type of tournament that this will start with are going out now. 

If you are the leader of a small alliance and have not been IGMed about it but would like to be involved, please IGM Eowan The Carrot for the full list of options.

Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 18:40
I appreciate your efforts Eowan and you can count us in if you really manage to set up something, but I'm a little sceptic on how it will turn out. I hope you can prove me wrong.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 00:44
The idea behind the capture the flag style tournament would be for alliances to put into teams with other alliances and work together. This should increase the geographical spread of each side, prevent smaller alliances from just being wiped out by larger alliances in the tourney, and not present too much of an overhead beyond the initial setting up and balancing of teams. 

I'd probably do something similar with a war of walls style situation. 

I'd arrange for each team to have around 5 flags... and probably do 2-4 teams depending on the number of alliances involved and their size. 

General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 18:17
That is why I am more in favor of a growth or discovery tournament but I still like the idea of have a military aspect in the tournament. It is true that some small alliances would stand less of a chance in military. However they would gain military experience, so even if they don't win they will benefit.
Check out some good role play stories at https://cocameron0.wixsite.com/illyriad-stories
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 16:39
Originally posted by Corwin Corwin wrote:

Is everyone aware that small aliance means small regional area of town placement? Even if every small alliance is willing to participate there is a very big chance some are so isolated they can't reach a flag or hill within  a month. Or do you wish a flag or hill for each region? In that case most regions only have 1 or 2 small aliances with a big chance 1 is stronger then the other and there's no fun in battling eachother. 
I really do hope you can make an interesting tournament for small alliances, but I doubt it will be as much fun as a tournament for everyone. I believe the tournament with the undead had different leagues. Maybe a server wide tournament with a division for small, medium and large alliance could be an option?

That sounds good to me but it may well increase the admin overhead a fair bit...
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 16:20
Is everyone aware that small aliance means small regional area of town placement? Even if every small alliance is willing to participate there is a very big chance some are so isolated they can't reach a flag or hill within  a month. Or do you wish a flag or hill for each region? In that case most regions only have 1 or 2 small aliances with a big chance 1 is stronger then the other and there's no fun in battling eachother. 
I really do hope you can make an interesting tournament for small alliances, but I doubt it will be as much fun as a tournament for everyone. I believe the tournament with the undead had different leagues. Maybe a server wide tournament with a division for small, medium and large alliance could be an option?

Edited by Corwin - 17 Apr 2018 at 16:21
Anas View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 16:13
I would vote Capture the Flag as well.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 16:04
Capture the flag sounds like a great idea.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 08:27
*facepalm* I totally forgot to add that one to the list. Thanks for catching that. 

I agree, alliances would probably end up competing mostly in their own area but that's fine because of the number of alliances involved.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic