Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Much Should It Cost To Start An Alliance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: How much should it cost to start an alliance?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [30.00%]
1 [3.33%]
1 [3.33%]
2 [6.67%]
4 [13.33%]
1 [3.33%]
1 [3.33%]
11 [36.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Much Should It Cost To Start An Alliance?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 14:12
This is a continuation of my earlier poll on whether the cost of having an alliance should increase. In the poll, only 13.33% of players voted that the cost of an alliance should remain as it is.

Whilst the poll did include the option for an ongoing cost, the majority did not indicate they would like to see this and as such I have not included ongoing costs in this poll.

The options I have given do not encompass the full range so please select the closest number to what you think would be reasonable. 

-Eowan
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 14:38
I think this is one of the better suggestions to come out of all these polls.

500,000 is a lot for a newb, but it can also be gifted in res donations. Increasing the price would stop a lot of new player alliances, pushing them more into established alliances where they can have help, grow and hopefully stick around.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 16:21
100M. Right now, the bigger, older alliances don't have enough advantages. We should push new players to join those alliances by eliminating their other options. It's not fair to expect the established alliances to make themselves more attractive to new players or to spend more effort on better recruiting. I would have voted for 1 billion, but that wasn't an option.

Also, all established alliances should have to pay the new amount, or else their alliance is automatically disbanded.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 16:38
I included the 100 mil was an extreme option I expected no one to go for... I personally think it is far too high. But I don't know what others think so I added it anyway.  
Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 16:56
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

100M. Right now, the bigger, older alliances don't have enough advantages. We should push new players to join those alliances by eliminating their other options. It's not fair to expect the established alliances to make themselves more attractive to new players or to spend more effort on better recruiting. I would have voted for 1 billion, but that wasn't an option.

Also, all established alliances should have to pay the new amount, or else their alliance is automatically disbanded.

At the risk of facing in-game hostility at disagreeing here, 1b is a LOT. How does that not make established alliances that are slow and ruled by inertia? A fool's quip: It has to do with the ongoing war. You guys are certain you're the next rulers, so aren't afraid to call yourself a big alliance now. Read any of the earlier post on the blog and we can see how the narrative is of an underdog who wants exciting stuff.

I voted for 10m because it would stop newbs (like me) to make an alliance. But 1b will make even players as old as an year hesitate to make an alliance. Maybe 30m or a pres parchment is as high as the devs should consider.

Agreed with the payment for established alliances. It won't be anything for them and almost none will break due to this while also keeping new players from randomly spamming new alliances.

I repeat: This isn't hostile, just discussion. Maybe a bit passionate, but don't go sabotaging me for this!
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 17:02
I suspect Ten Kulch was being sarcastic, blankit.
(I don't think he likes all the polls I'm doing because they clutter up his nice, clean, life-free forums :P )
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 18:15
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

I suspect Ten Kulch was being sarcastic, blankit.

*gasps*
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 18:24
Only thing that really would make sense would be to temporarily deposit a million of each basic in some trade hub as a prerequisite. By this it can be shown that alliance has (some) means to resource feed new recruits.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 18:25
:o oh no! 

I have clearly offended him by the sound of that horrified gasp!

A thousand apologies oh mighty ruler of a million spears, please leave my tiny account intact!

Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 19:01
Originally posted by Dabrelis Dabrelis wrote:

Only thing that really would make sense would be to temporarily deposit a million of each basic in some trade hub as a prerequisite. By this it can be shown that alliance has (some) means to resource feed new recruits.

Basic res is easy. Offer 2:1 gold in gc with speeding and you will have a bajillion res. Gold and time are the measure of all things here.
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic