FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steam login failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steam login failure
    Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 07:10
Hi everyone,

Over the last few hours, we've had some reports of Steam logins failing in a variety of circumstances.

Steam logins via the Steam App weren't working over the last few hours, however they now appear to be working fine....   We haven't changed anything, and can therefore only assume it was Valve who borked it, but they have now fixed it.

However, Logins to the Illy website using Steam Credentials are still not working.  

Again, this isn't anything we've changed - and we expect (like the Steam app login issue itself) that Valve have done something themselves and that they will rectify it.  It doesn't appear to be an issue that's peculiar to us.

We have tickets open with Valve (as do many other websites relying on Steam auth) and we'll monitor the situation and keep you abreast.

Best,

SC
Haxs View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 00:56
Is there a way to migrate our account off of steam?
It's been 2 days now, cannot login or anything.
Moraddin View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraddin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 15:19
Maybe it will help:
"If you own a website with Steam login, and as of yesterday nobody can log into your site, change your OpenID settings to accept URLs starting with https:// steamcommunity.com/profiles/ instead of just http:// steamcommunity.com/profiles/ and it will work again".
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/8a7gsu/steam_openid_broken_for_many_websites_fix_inside/
Shimrod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 18:02
I regret ever creating an Illy account on Steam.  It would be fabulous to migrate the account off. Especially now that the only way to play the account is through the Steam interface, which really sucks big time.  

Edited by Shimrod - 07 Apr 2018 at 18:03
Haxs View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 06:23
Still down.
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:10
Any news?

The steam client is really annoying to use (e.g. it lacks afaik a "back" feature - which makes sending a lot of vans way harder, moving the chat window doesn't work for me, it has high(er) CPU usage, ...) and can't be used everywhere (e.g. at work) - thus getting the web version back to work would be really appreciated. Thx a lot in advance!

Edited by Thirion - 10 Apr 2018 at 10:11
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 18:41
Weird I have been able to log in through steam
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 20:17
Login via the Steam App works for me.
Login via Chrome/Firefox and my non-Steam alt works too.
Login via Chrome/Firefox and Steam credentials (Steam Login works) doesn't work with the following message: "No active account associated with this account. Please try an alternative authentication or create a new account.".

I have the problem since at least Friday morning server time (when this thread was created). I am from Europe (Germany) - perhaps thats the difference?

Sorry if my previous post was too harsh btw.
Shimrod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 20:34
Indeed, using Chrome, Mozilla, or IE and choosing Steam on the drop down Authentication =

Login

Choose Your Authentication

< id="authMethod" name="ath" style="width: 204px; margin-bottom: 5px;"> Playername & Password Facebook Google Account Steam 
 Playername & Password
No active account associated with this account. Please try an alternative authentication or create a new account

If you have forgotten your username or password you can reset it on the Forgotten Password page. 

Or review the account support page if you believe this is in error.
Qargen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qargen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 23:33
So, I am having problems even logging in from Steam. There is a way to create a new account and link to another one. I know that, but i can't find where to do it. I want to create an account using a different authentication method and link it to the one i created on steam --- any advice?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic