Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should we just play the game as it exists today?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should we just play the game as it exists today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: Should we just play the game as it exists today?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [35.71%]
12 [42.86%]
1 [3.57%]
5 [17.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 02:07
That is a steaming load of twaddle. Elgea had multiaccounting and permasitting before the Broken Lands release even existed, and land claims hadn't been conceived in their current form or scope. People abuse multiaccounting to get gold and supplies for tournaments and war. That phenomenon has nothing to do with land claims.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 02:10
land claims have been going on forever ten wake up
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 02:32
Originally posted by white willow white willow wrote:

land claims have been going on forever ten wake up

The biggest offenders of multiaccounting were not involved with land claims.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 03:27
You seem stuck on the one line about multi accounting which is rampant in any alliance that think they can get away with it.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 04:54
Ok, so let's agree that land claiming doesn't cause multiaccounting.

To your other points, you argue both ways. First that allowing people inside your zones creates positive interaction. Then that land claims strangle growth and create boredom. But if land claiming squeezes people into other regions, which become more densely populated as a result, then shouldn't those unclaimed regions be healthier and more active as a result?
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 18:45
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Originally posted by Ruarc Ruarc wrote:

What I'm suggesting is that the game is lacking the typical political dynamic present in most other mmo titles because the community is fundamentally focused on internal goals - typically self-contained at the alliance or player level and these goals require limited interaction with other people.

The community is focused on internal goals because there aren't any external goals.

I think we're generally in agreement, right? Let me know if we're not.

Although, I wouldn't go so far as to say that there are no external goals. A goal to dominate the server as happens in other mmo strategy games is still there for instance. It doesn't not exist because the internal goals are more compelling than the external ones. What the difference does mean though is that it has cemented in the minds of the community that those external goals are not worth pursuing.

In practical terms though, sure, we can probably generally say that there aren't any external goals in Illy.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 19:14
What I don't get is how people don't get bored out of their minds in this game without external goals and much interaction between alliances. Past a certain point, what is there to do?
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 19:44
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Ok, so let's agree that land claiming doesn't cause multiaccounting.

To your other points, you argue both ways. First that allowing people inside your zones creates positive interaction. Then that land claims strangle growth and create boredom. But if land claiming squeezes people into other regions, which become more densely populated as a result, then shouldn't those unclaimed regions be healthier and more active as a result?

Exactly my point tens we agree unclaimed areas are much healthier. Giving people freedom to choose is a no brainer.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 19:56
Ruarc you are right in that there is no end of game here no clear winners the closest thing to a winner currently is alliance rankings and there are to many obstacles for new players to catch up to players who started years ahead of them.

The one single event that made a difference in this game (the recent tourney results} was stukahs efforts to break the crow monoply on tourneys.
Queen Bacet View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen Bacet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 20:59
Going back to changes i do think that more vans would enable players to help newbs a lot more.
Bringing down the level of the warehouse is a brilliant idea, as that warehouse drains the newer player of res to quickly and also means that at the start they have to build past 12 with their plots to be able to get out of the newb ring to then be drained again having to build it back up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic