Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should we just play the game as it exists today?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should we just play the game as it exists today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Should we just play the game as it exists today?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [35.71%]
12 [42.86%]
1 [3.57%]
5 [17.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:22
For developers

1. Traffic with gold, t2, t3 resources only through the official market.

2.Advanced resources can be transferred from allianced player to allianced player, but in limited amounts and at clear time intervals. Basic resources are free to transferring betwen players.

3. Add to each trained trader at least 5 extra wagons.

4. Reduce the number of soldiers in underground units.

5. Reward players for outstanding accomplishments at a military, commercial, construction site. For activity too.

6. Finish with quizzes, join the community otherwise.

7. King Sigurd should be much more generous.
(A higher prize for every established city)

8.Tavern, Magic Tower deserves a little more of your effort.

10. Many unusable, useless minerals, rare plants, animal parts. Do something. (Honey production, maybe :-D)

About sitters, sat accounts, everything is said.
You know so much more than all of us.
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:31
And reducing number of System messages, and notifications should be gorgeous.
;-)
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:41
TK, I get what you are trying to say... Its like reading a novel, every author tells a story in his/er own way... and it may be unfair to critic their work... Honestly if you look in this context then it does feel wrong to propose/critic things... Its their world and they are sharing with us I get that...

But the reality of time and the age we are going through is that people like (and are encouraged) to imagine things and form opinions. Whether it is a car, a house, a phone, or a toaster we all have our opinions and imaginations on how it can be better... This have led to a great flow of ideas and also as a side-effect we are never really satisfied with anything completely...

Another point, like allot of social-media twitter, facebook, youtube etc... If you dont frequently post stuff, you start to fade... Unfortunately, same thing now applies here and many other products... If you dont keep improving or updating you will start fading... 

Having said all that, dont get me wrong. I love what the developers have done here... They have introduced intriguing complexity into the game which I love otherwise I wouldn't be here for 6 or so years.

Would like Illy to be here for another 6 and more power to the Devlprs. Beer

Edited by rajput - 06 Apr 2018 at 12:43

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 18:04
Is there any good reason why New towns can't start with level 12 resource plots done?
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 18:06
Can't find how to edit this thing, but basically instead of new towns, let's use New player. 
Or is the resource sharing and gifting intended to show welcoming spirit of community?
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 18:50
Resource gifting and generally being welcoming of new players is a nice tradition. It makes illy stand out among other strategy MMOs. We should keep that up!
Yet it doesn't solve the problem of new players being very rapidly turned off. I think the tedium of building up resource plots and getting the basic research done in your first cities just gets to be too much. Siege and Exodus are the two key research items that are an all consuming bottleneck. I'm personally fine with stuff like crafting research or commander skills or trade progression, but perhaps just lowering the siege and Exodus requirements to level 12 barracks and warehouse and reducing the time it takes would unblock many players. And +1 to the resource plot suggestion.

New players, your thoughts?

Edited by Tink XX - 06 Apr 2018 at 18:50
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 20:07
I bet you 1 cow that most of those newbs are terras. I don't help anymore until a player has left the rainbow and passes 450 pop.
I am a Machine.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 20:11
Given that the price of terras has risen from 25 to 30 mil, it would seem supply has not increased that much. 
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 21:58
Originally posted by Tink XX Tink XX wrote:

New players, your thoughts?
I am only one of the new players, and the one who stayed :) So, hm.

And I do not have a formulated opinion yet on everything, just thinking out aloud. Thoughts are numbered, but in no particular order.

1) It feels wrong to be put in the crowded place of million of other newbs plus veterans. You realize you could use Tenaril to get somewhere else, but you are (perhaps rightly) advised not to. Only smart way to get out is Exodus, and that is lvl 20 warehouse
2) Gifts are double edged sword. 
I imagine somewhere is a place for the game how it was meant to play, you build up your little village, you hunt your first animal, sell it for 20k, get super hyped. Research your first craft, build a Razor Edged sword for your commander. Kill beasts better. Feel proud. Don't think of some warehouses of level 20... just enjoy slow growth, getting better, killing more efficient, becoming richer.. in some vacuum-ish environment..
Today you do it, you hunt wild dogs. Sell their skins for 2k each, get 100k back in Centrum, feel like - yeah, I earned that, I can do some shopping, look at me and my 100k! And then they send you 1 million, saddles, armour and stuff just like that. 
On other hand if you don't receive them, others do receive. They would get upper hand. 
And gifts indeed create a welcoming atmosphere, that is really nice.
3) Then at around 1.5k pop, 2 towns size you check and notice a guy with 25 legendary towns. Wtf?
4) Mysteries are cool. For me, I like the fact there is some challenge that nobody has done.
5) Another thing that is cool, is that cotters, hunting, etc, pays well if you know what you are doing. The Newb guides should be replaced with - spam cottages, get barracks to 5, research infantry, go kill some beasts, there is your combat calculator for first couple of battles.
6) I am starting to feel that Newbs should beeline Marketplace to 20 instead of Barracks/Warehouse. Having ability to purchase 210k basic res per one go, gives you much more independence than any other thing.
7) Lack of forums. I am old school. I feel like there is very little geopolitical information being shared on forums or available, stuff happens in alliances and some shaddows of it in GC. I liked that Illy Warmonger had some descriptions of actual PvP conflicts and battles. Otherwise there would be no way for me to know. 
You can get some pieces of it, when talking to some guys who were actually involved in some conflicts. ACTUALLY, wait a second! That might be good. Like in Iron Age if Rome fought whoever they did, my Baltic ancestors would find out only if some mercenary guy visited that far North.. Hm. Hmmm. Maybe it fits great the epic time the game is based on? 
But - getting back to this issue. When I looked for a game to play, I checked the forums. I noticed 2 posts in last 2 days. I thought, wow, this game is dead. But I liked the concept, so gave it a try anyway.
8) I said cotters, skinners, etc are great to earn money. That is correct, but their management is pain. You send them to wrong spots, they (skinners in particular) have to be sent out manually every time. Which just adds to decisions or actions that require no thinking.
9) Resource plot upgrades should somehow be automated. Not sure how. I want to make a more strategic decision - as to which buildings my town is going to have. What I am gonna do with the town. Not the boring - upgrade plot to 4. Upgrade plot to 5. Upgrade plot to 6. 
10) I second Tink on "surrounded by plains" rule. It does not make game better if there is one really valid choice (apart from I guess surround yourself with active dwarf military players and build anywhere?). To that I could add, for example, fact that Elves are about bows, bows suck in forest. Elves should avoid forest??? Tolkien rolls in his grave. No suggestions however.
11) Having said all the critics above, I am hooked to this game. Spending lots of time hunting and skinning. Looking to start producing axes in my Dabegarda any time soon-ish. So, I like the game, and the points above are just the ones I wanted to raise.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 22:08
Exodus should be available at Warehouse 12, research time 1 day.

It's soul crushing for n00bs to build all the way to 20, only to rip it apart when they move. That pain is compounded by the terrible community advice that new players should save their teleport like some precious treasure. 95% of them will never need a terraformed city. All these factors combine to delay players from moving to their chosen alliance areas for 1-2 weeks. If it's a social game, it should be much easier to accomplish joining your comrades.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic