Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should we just play the game as it exists today?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should we just play the game as it exists today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Should we just play the game as it exists today?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [35.71%]
12 [42.86%]
1 [3.57%]
5 [17.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 00:41
One of the things I liked when I joined Illy was how open the developers were to new ideas and player feedback. Perhaps the days when the devs would regularly talk with players will never return, but what harm is there in talking about what we'd like.

Yes, play Illy the way it is today, but why not dream about what it COULD be?
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 00:45
/me dreams of fire breathing unicorns and free range skittles.
I am a Machine.
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 02:49
Well congrats on semi reviving the forums eo
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 07:41
Rill is missing.

Too much.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 10:25
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Exodus should be available at Warehouse 12, research time 1 day.

It's soul crushing for n00bs to build all the way to 20, only to rip it apart when they move. That pain is compounded by the terrible community advice that new players should save their teleport like some precious treasure. 95% of them will never need a terraformed city. All these factors combine to delay players from moving to their chosen alliance areas for 1-2 weeks. If it's a social game, it should be much easier to accomplish joining your comrades.

This sounds great. Maybe level 15 so a small penalty applies

PublicRelations
HumanResources
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 13:32
I do believe new players should have a quick start to game, that combined with a stop to sitting old inactive accounts would bring more balance to the game. These are obvious things that need corrected for the sake of the game and yet no one, other than Tink, has complained about sit accounts.Perhaps to many here are using them.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 18:54
White Willow, you will find that even if devs tighten up the rules for inactive accounts this will not make the "permasats" go away. The 500 pound gorilla in the room is password sharing. All illy vets know that. But dealing with the real multiaccounting is not only more challenging because of the sleuth work involved but risky because some of these players also pay money for prestige. Much less risky to address the new player influx/retention issue.
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 20:46
Wait a min! Did I hear that right! Someone is gifting 1Mil saddle armor and stuff! What! Shocked
I been playing this freakin game for ages nobody sent me stuff like that Unhappy

* starts trashing his room in disappointment * Wacko

BTW I played for 2+ yrs before joining any alliance... Alliance become necessary when you want to participate in tourneys or need insurance policy... But you can do without them and there are players who are doing it still.

Edited by rajput - 07 Apr 2018 at 20:47

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 00:10
Tink I won't give up on the sitter abuse and they can easily restrict use with no troop or van movement while sitting.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 00:57
I find the poll results interesting. Not the suggestions, but the mentality. Zero people said that the community should focus more effort on creating community content within the sandbox.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic