Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should there be a levelling system for alliances?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should there be a levelling system for alliances?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should there be a levelling system for alliances?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [15.38%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [30.77%]
3 [23.08%]
4 [30.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should there be a levelling system for alliances?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 04:55
Perhaps one benefit for each category.  I suppose it would have to decay otherwise big old alliances would rule.  
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 03:04
When you eventually land in a really cool alliance, you will realize you don't need all that extra stuff.  
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thexion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:40
Other: there could be leveling system for alliances but it should be Alliance experience dependent. To get elevated level you alliance would need Alliance experience points. Alliance experience points you would get  by how long it has existed, how many members it has, from results in tournaments, results in events, attack/trade/defense scores and population and land accumulated by members in the alliance while being in the alliance. 

Then the leveling up could cost significant gold and prestige also.

To the other topic what the levels should do is not any boosts but perhaps freedoms in the diplomacy and other stuff.

You could form more elaborate agreements with other alliances with details you could set your self.  In form. Time/escrow..
Moving cities between players inside the alliance.
Moving units between players in the alliance.
Large resource transfers between players in alliance.
Get larger and larger Alliance sovereignty areas

I'm not convinced if we need any levels for alliances just playing with the Idea as I would like it.

rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:15
I voted Yay for Prestige and Gold... Thumbs Up

I agree with most of what General Lacesso said but I don't think basic resources like wood, stone etc are needed. Gold is good enough resource for boast... And Prestige for short term high level boasts!
I like Prestige idea I think it can also get ball rolling for the devlprs, they need support and that can help them with that.

Oh no Wacko Im hearing those voices again... What about alliance wide magical bonuses??? We can easy get those mana reserves into million and then have no use for it... We can consume that I think... I donno... What you think...

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 05:56

I don't know about official levels, but something like an alliance bonus/discovery for doing well would be fun. There are already lots of alliance ranks (trade, land, military, etc.) Perhaps the top some number of alliances in each category could get a boost in that category for their excellence. e.g. top trade alliances pay less tax in trading because of their reputation or else gain some new trade ability like trading with the centrum npcs, top land alliances get a small price decrease for sov or a discovery type thing like the ability to make an extra sov structure...

That would give reasons to strive more for the ranks which already exist. Or, if you wanted to make it less competitive, you could have a fixed goal the alliance has to reach (and stay at) in order to use the bonus.
General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 05:12
I think there should be a leveling system, costing both gold and resources. Basic resources such as wood, stone, etc. As I have previously expressed, I think that alliance benefits should be both temporary and possibly have a tier system. Perhaps there could be a permanent alliance benefit that needs to keep being payed into, similar to how the auto renew prestige works. The alliance will need to pay X amount for X amount of time and after that time is up it will have to be payed for gain. Possible benefits could be the prestige account bonuses. Faster caravan speed, stronger army, stronger diplos for the entire alliance. Of course this might become a bit overpowered combined with someone how has a prestige account.
Check out some good role play stories at https://cocameron0.wixsite.com/illyriad-stories
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 04:01
I think alliance benefits should be linked to land controlled.  It would then give alliances something significant to fight over while also allowing for alliances to have big surrender terms that don't get absorbed by a few players exodusing 10 cities each out of the enemy territory. 
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 20:36
What are your thoughts on alliance benefits? What should they cost? Also, if you want, post what you think they should do. Should they be just cosmetic or have actual effects in game?

#BlameTenK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic