illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Builder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Builder
    Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 06:51
Hey lazy ones!

I got a proposal.
For the first town it is fine to wait 1 minute for this extra happiness to build Lumberhack from 0 to 1. Then order Lumberjack from 1 to 2.
For the second town colonists in some harsh environment, it is already meh.
For the third town - well, dunno when I get a spare day or two to babysit that child.

So, initial proposal is this:
At Archtiect Office lvl 10 (or 12) get an option to train a Builder.

Builder has 0 upkeep when “switched off” and 1 prestige upkeep when “switched on”.

You may keep Builder in same town or send to another.

Once “switched” Builder will build up resource plots from bottom up. Making sure food is built first - if sufficient food - build the lowest produced res plot by one. And so on.
In a couple of hours if resources are sufficient he would up your resources to lvl 3-4. When he runs out of res or is switched off manually- he provides a neat report on what has been built.

Feedback?
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 15:21
Why Prestige?

The idea is not bad, but the game has enough gold and unusable items, and basic resources.

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 15:44
This is similar to the "councillors" in Crown of the Gods (or Lord of Ultima prior).  In those games you basically paid a monthly (cash money) fee to play the game.  Without these councillors the game is impossible even for the most dedicated grinder.  This is where Illy really stands out as not "pay to win" or even a game like COTG that feels like "pay to play", despite advertising otherwise.

I think the least disruptive revision to the current design of the game would be to expand the build queues when one has an active prestige account and an Architect's office of a given level.
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 18:14
Yeah, agreed, perhaps prestige was not the greatest suggestion :)
Could be gold or something.

But it is truly tedious to build up those small levels. In one of my towns I got lvl 19 Lumberjack right next to level 3 Lumberjack. And in my other town that I exoed there are even level 0 plots...

I also agree to Wartow on increasing queues as the simplest solution, except I think that is where prestige is mostly spent. So, if you expand queues you can fasten more builds for same amount of prestige. To me that is not a problem, obviously :) but not sure about game owners :)
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 19:33
City building seems to be the game for 95% of Illyriad. So why automate the one thing that they actually do? If players wish, they can already remove the builds by spending 3 prestige per two builds. That's cheap compared to most games.

If such a feature did exist, then its value would warrant prestige spending. Perhaps 25 prestige (~$1) per week.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 05:21
Send me a mail and set me as account sitter.  For a sufficient number of cows, I'll upgrade your resource plots for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic