illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

26MAR18 - RMT Permabans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 01:13
I really wish it was a forced abandon. It seems that many times the account owner just can't log in anymore, and the account(s) just silently rot until they eventually auto-delete. The problem I have with that approach is that the cheater tells his alliance mates--or they just see the inactivity on their roster--and so they reap the rewards of the advanced resources and then the towns themselves.

The accounts should either be visibly abandoned, or else insta-vaporized.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 01:22
I agree with TK - the towns should be deleted instantly.
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 01:29
I have not thought it all thru but at first blush I agree with TenK as well.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 03:35
Maybe not deleted instantly, but there should definitely be some sort of marker to show what's happened...

Not only would this allow people to go after the towns of suspended accounts but if there were a lot of them they would act as a deterrent as people could see around them evidence that the rules are not to be messed with.
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 03:56
Thanks for the heads up and action by the Devs.   Yes, I agree with TenK, it would be good to have them vaporized from the game unless that impedes your internal tracking.

There is no place for this nonsense in Illy.
< id="__ChromeDeviceID_PCM" ="">

CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 04:00
I think making a public example of people is what the devs are trying to avoid. Probably a commendable notion. I just think it has to be balanced against letting the culprit's buddies benefit from the secret information. The (Abandoned) tag is generally what sets the scavengers in motion towards the warehouse with thieves.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 04:10
Terrain squares with a smoking hole in the ground should be the only trace left of the accounts
Robertscott View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Robertscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:33
" We've decided not to permaban the recipients of RMT gold".......mistake.  They knew full well what they were doing like a radar hack in a shooter game.  Boot them.
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:48
One player all predicted this a few years ago.

his enrollments were deleted and he was removed from the forum.

I support, thank you for this action, and please do everything within your powers and capabilities.

Do this game for everyone.

fair game, I thought

Edited by Almost Balanced - 27 Mar 2018 at 10:49
Robertscott View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:56
At a minimum post their shameful names.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic