Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious about what YOU think.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Should we be allowed more accounts per player?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
169 [48.15%]
14 [3.99%]
87 [24.79%]
70 [19.94%]
7 [1.99%]
4 [1.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 21:09
My view on terraforming?  It is annoyingly complicated and ought to be part of standard practice using a building slot. This would allow "corrections" to resources on existing cities.  It is strange that we can tenaril resource plots once only. I would prefer being able to both increase resources allocation AND have the ability to manipulate resources and bonuses in soveriegn squares.
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 19:51
Dung you are very right. Though I would hate to see that sitter rule implemented. I have sitters on other timezones who I keep or who may need to be reactivated. Also Ten K I would like to hear why you would like to see terraforming eliminated? I love my 5 plot forests :)
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 19:22
Difficult question.
After the removal of the 10 cities limit, abig gap has been opening up between long term players and regular people. 1 account could concievably be 1 account plus 2 sat accounts.  In the old 10 city days that was 30 cities.  Now its more like 120ish IIRC. Once you get past 10 cities, I don't think you should be able to sit an account for more than a total of 90 days  regardless of whether or not you stop/start sitting rights.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 15:47
I would love it if terraforming were finally eliminated.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
AdmiralRage View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralRage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 13:16
Going to 1 account would essentially get rid of terraforming. I'm comfortable with 2 accounts but if you did want to switch it up, 3 accounts might shake up the game.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 09:23
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

i love how somehow 142 people votes in this poll

Multiaccounters!
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 09:00
i love how somehow 142 people votes in this poll
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 03:09
I voted other. If any change is made I vote for a 'different?' type of account which would be used for terraforming. This account would have only needed research available and would self destruct after 2 weeks. This gives the player 1 week to make the terra and another to sell it and then the towns poof. Allow 1 or 2 but no more. I don't want more playable accounts for the same reason Ten Kulch states.
I am a Machine.
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 23:07
Is it broken?

Not everyone is into the phallus waving I R MILITARY GENIUS bit, it's good to be able to explore the game in other ways with a second account
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 22:47
I think Illyriad was better when the playing field was more level. Going to 11+ cities really opened the gap between new and existing accounts. Increasing from 2 to 4+ accounts would also just favor established players from big alliances. It also unreasonably favors people who are willing to make Illyriad into a second job. What benefit does that provide to the player base? I don't see any virtue to unhealthy obsession, any more than I see virtue in pay-to-win. Hours spent will just replace real money as the currency of power, both at the expense of skill.

Permasats already make gold and supplies nearly unlimited for certain players and alliances. Cities and entire accounts become fully disposable. The slow speed of battles already makes victory correspondingly slow to achieve. Increasing the number of cities per account has slowed that further. Raising the number of legal accounts would guarantee that wars last forever, and the same account collectors always win tournaments.

One main, one alt. That formula has worked for eight years. That's the way it should stay.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic