illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Negative travel speed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 15:48
War spear. extra heavy leather, elite division.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 16:31
Okay, I tested this using human knights and using gear with the worst possible speed modifications (Extra Heavy Chain, Battle Mules, War Spears).  Commander has forced march level 10.  A standard division speed was reduced from 18 to 10.8 wearing the gear.  As an elite division however the speed was reduced from 18 to -5.4.  

If you attempt to move the army, you get an Unable to Complete Request box with the following:

This army cannot move as it has a negative move speed, you cannot attack with it, but can defend with it.

So the way the formula is applied is a little wonked where elite divisions are concerned.  The whole point of using percentages is to avoid this sort of problem.  

Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 16:56
Originally posted by Count Rupert Count Rupert wrote:

Okay, I tested this using human knights and using gear with the worst possible speed modifications (Extra Heavy Chain, Battle Mules, War Spears).  Commander has forced march level 10.  A standard division speed was reduced from 18 to 10.8 wearing the gear.  As an elite division however the speed was reduced from 18 to -5.4.  

If you attempt to move the army, you get an Unable to Complete Request box with the following:

This army cannot move as it has a negative move speed, you cannot attack with it, but can defend with it.

So the way the formula is applied is a little wonked where elite divisions are concerned.  The whole point of using percentages is to avoid this sort of problem. 

So no max-1 speed? Cry
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 17:52
so no time traveling? 
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 20:33
Originally posted by Corwin Corwin wrote:

so no time traveling? 

Nope.  Could cause some problems though if one sent a standard division army to occupy a square and it was attacked and the divisions became elite.  Not sure what would happen should that happen when their occupation time is up and they are due to return home, but have no movement.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 23:09
Is there any way to push them to 88 mph? You will also need 1.21 gigawatts of power and a flux capacitor.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 01:00
The Short one see's how it happened 

Extra heavy armor, war bow, elite div

I wanted them to go real slow, not backwards...

Thanks to Count Rupert we now know time travel is not possible in Illy

Move along, nothing to see here

Edited by Eros - 26 Feb 2018 at 01:03
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 04:08
Originally posted by Count Rupert Count Rupert wrote:

but.... what if its exactly 0? Is it possible to make an army march in place for eternity?
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 05:08
I think it would be funny to feint someone with a speed 1 army from 1000 squares away.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 14:21
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

I think it would be funny to feint someone with a speed 1 army from 1000 squares away.

I would send, but I doubt I'd find your retaliating army very funnyOuch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic