illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elemental Units

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elemental Units
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 07:39
How should these elemental units (air,earth,fire,water etc) be used? The only description I see says they are dangerous if one does not know how to control them. Thanks
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 08:20
They have a unit type (Spear, Infantry, Ranged, Cavalry) just like those you can train yourself so they would be used in the same way as any unit of the same type - ie if the unit is Infantry then using it to attack on plains is probably not the best use.

Bear in mind that there are two versions of each elemental unit - Escaped and Pure and they not only have different stats but also different unit types. For instance Pure Air Elementals are Infantry while Escaped Air Elementals are Spearunit. Escaped are the ones you will see wandering around the map while Pure are (I assume) the ones you will be awarded as a prize in a tourney.

Whether they can be equiped or gain bonuses from commanders (or even if they can become commanders) I don't know - that I'll have to leave to those who have those units.
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:46
Nope, can't make commanders of them or equip them. I made a separate army of the 32 of them with an Axman as commander. Their attack number is 200 which is like 6 times that of a swift. The speed is like 39 or so, much faster than other units but with an Axman as commander the unit speed is low but the Army became Ellite. I suppose the way to look at the unit is each member is 6 times more powerful at attack than a Swift and use the army of 32 as I would an army of 192 units as Infantry. 
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:08
Or just keep them to use on special occasions.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 21:09
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Or just keep them to use on special occasions.

Like for birthday parties.  I hear they enjoy cake.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic