illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Second City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dugsimmonds View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dugsimmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second City
    Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 14:26
As something of a newbe, I will be getting my Settler soon, what advice is there about where best to position my second city?

I intend to use it mainly for military but not sure why?

So far i have not joined an alliance or even come against any other player.

Big smile 
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 15:31
To put out another option for you there is sieging but that would take a while. (Level twenty barracks, some military research and enough gold for the catapults)

Thieres not enough spots in a town to do all of the buildings. So the best thing is to specialize your towns. Build whatever troop that needs so for bow units  you need bows and etc.. 
so for orcs might focus more on spear units,elves might focus more on bow units,Dwarfs more on infantry sword units, and humans on Calvary. As that is  their best units for each race.
Maybe wait to join an alliance before you settle a town? Since you are focused on military you wanna be close to your fellow members for help and to help break sieges so someone doesn't lose a town. The second thing that plays a role in town location is Sovereignty. Sov. could make building troops faster,cost less gold,faster to build tier 2 resources like swords or bows.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Bill Cipher - 19 Feb 2018 at 15:34
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 18:41
Being a completely new player you would probably want to put your 2nd town next to your starter town, or close to it. Preferably on a 7food spot so you can build it up with more high level buildings. Look for a 7food in your area. 
This is so that you can move resources around quickly to build it up faster.
There is also the option of joining an alliance and putting your 2nd town in one of it's Clusters/Hubs, so that they can feed you instead of your starter town.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
dugsimmonds View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dugsimmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 20:01
thanks for the advice   much appreciated
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic