illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chris G - fighting your demons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PaganMistress View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaganMistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris G - fighting your demons
    Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 17:46

Chris spent 8 months with me from Jan 2015 to Aug. 2015.  He was staying with a married couple in Arizona and he started to feel that he was imposing on them. He was going to take to the streets in January of 2015.  So I feel that Chris' persistance to get me into the Fellowship was for more than just that I reminded him of Southern Sexy Bell.  We talked late into the night when I couldn't sleep since I joined in Sept. 2014. Chris shared with me his love of music sending me songs to listen too.

So I paid his way by Amtrak to come and stay with me.  Maybe a cougar ;) but I will never let a friend be homeless. Chris needed a home and I needed a friend.  I saw first hand Chris' love of his game Illy and his love for his friends here, Urp, Artefore, LunaRisa, Nikon, Rill (hides cookies in his pockets for her) SirTwist his forever brother born really close together.  He would look over my shoulder and show me what I needed to know as I played Illy.

Chris was and always will be a good friend to me and always hold a special place in my heart.  This weekend his Eagles  will play. I won't sit thru all of it (I hate sports) because of my ex  husband.  Men pay attention to your wife if she does a strip tease and spreads her legs during 1/2 time. Yes I did that alot.  But this isn't about me.  Chris needed to move on to be with his friends and family in Kansas so this time I sent him back to Kansas on the Greyhound bus and he had a stop in Las Vegas to see his parents.

Chris was and will always fight for the things he believes in .  I am proud that I am and always be his friend.

Love, Gwen/PaganMistress in real life Arlene
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 17:14
With Chris G's passion for the Philadelphia Eagles, I've watched their season progress since his passing...  and I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be looking down on them with great pride, and even greater disappointment that he couldn't be in the crowd to cheer them to victory... maybe he's had a part to play in their success so far, lending the Eagles his own angel's wings.

For those who knew Chris G well enough, I'm sure were aware that he had mental health issues that he had to face in his lifetime...

and for the most part, he had seemed to face and overcome those demons, and was really looking forward to overcoming one of his greatest fears, flying, to visit the UK this year.

I can only imagine that Chris would hope that any and all of us fight our own personal demons... if we get knocked down, that we should get back up.... that we should fight whatever issues that trouble us, mental or physical.

Chris changed his Illy nickname in his last few months to Chris G The Fighter, because of his battle with cancer, but he was a fighter for all the time I knew him, battling not only the physical which would eventually claim victory over him, but also mental illness which is just as great a battle, and for which there is less awareness and has a certain stigma.

Don't let your demons grind you down, fight back! If your demons knock you down, get back up... stronger, tougher... you can overcome the troubles you face, stay positive, be determined.

If you're having the worst day... tomorrow is another day, tomorrow can be a better day! and if it turns out not to be, then get through it, and the next will be better!

Take life one day at a time, and you will get through to better times, a better life.

You are in control of your life, not your demons!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic