illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TCol vs. Aesir War Stats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TCol vs. Aesir War Stats
    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 00:48
The amount of mana required to cast a rune is tiny compared to adding extra mana to a geomancy or blight.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 21:11
Doesn't your magic score also go up if you get thieved and have to re-cast your defensive rune?
Or, if you level up a runemaster and then re-cast your rune to take advantage of the higher level?
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 16:08
There is a very minor base spell power (since it costs a few mana to cast any spell). In most cases of magical combat, the extra mana drowns out the base mana by a huge margin. Since both sides have the same moon phase, that is also not a major factor in magical clashes. Overall, yes, the only thing the full moon effects is spell power and casting distance. If you aren't adding mana, the moon phase is largely irrelevant.

My sentence in the post above was probably constructed badly. Allow me to rephrase.

[Adding extra mana] is done to increase the spell power, which makes the magic harder to dispel or overturn. Spell power is calculated as ((base mana + extra mana) * mage tower level * (1+moon bonus)).
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 06:00
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Your magic score goes up as a result of adding extra mana to geomancy and blight spells. This is done to increase the spell power (extra mana * mage tower level * (1+moon bonus)), which makes the magic harder to dispel or overturn.

Interesting...does that mean geomancy (and blight) spells cast during the full moon are harder to dispel? Or  is it only that adding mana is more effective during that time?
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 05:32
Your magic score goes up as a result of adding extra mana to geomancy and blight spells. This is done to increase the spell power (extra mana * mage tower level * (1+moon bonus)), which makes the magic harder to dispel or overturn.

Most likely the increase was a result of defeating a food geomancy on an enemy city, and then holding a -6% sharp frost blight in place during a siege. Negative food during a siege can cause population collapse if stored food reaches zero (often the result of a clearing attack or large thief strike).

Alternately, the magic score boost might have been the result of a magical clash between two players, although that should cause a score increase for both sides. It could also just be a player boosting their magic score to increase player rank.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 05:20
Day 18. In the past 5 days, since my last post:
  • TCol has gained 1 town, 46k pop, 350k Attack, & 405k Defense
  • Aesir has gained 1 member, 6 towns, 10k pop, 1650k Attack, & 240k Defense
Incidentally, in that same time TCol has also gained 43 million Magic...anyone know what that's all about? I'm not sure how Magic points accumulate....
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 19:52
Having problems with my internet which is holding up trying to get the siege database working.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 19:47
Much obliged. These things are best conducted with transparency.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 19:29
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Grom, can you break out the players/cities for the public record? Just the razed or captured cities.

Seranil (808,146) belonging to Kenyl razed by Walburne on 01/18/2018
Alessial (807,139) belonging to Kenyl razed by Walburne on 01/18/2018
Villa Nova (582,188) belonging to Kacyk razed by Grombrindal on 01/19/2018
Bujumbura (457,276) belonging to Hucbold razed by Team on 01/23/2018
TCol are Sindicate (457,277) belonging to Senpai razed by Team on 01/23/2018
Silver Pine (444,248) belonging to Mendak razed by Team on 01/25/2018
Decide's Karag de Relden (497,288) belonging to Relden razed by Team on 01/31/2018
Alqualonde (376,274) belonging to Relden razed by Team on 02/02/2018

There you go.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 18:39
Grom, can you break out the players/cities for the public record? Just the razed or captured cities.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic