illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Market Visibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mysthran View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mysthran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Market Visibility
    Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 01:43
There is a vast difference in the number of buyer/seller options between two of my cities that are practically side by side.

The marketplace for both are at lvl 18.

What am I missing?

Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 02:26
Hard to say without more information.  Location is only part of the equation.  One having traders and the other not are going to create differences.  One being the capitol and the other not may as well.  Even cities identical can have differences if they are in different regions despite being close to each other.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 02:34
Your capital can automatically see Centrum, without sending a trader there.

Also, cities can only see hubs within a limited radius, by default. If you have a city with traders at faraway hubs, only that city can see the buy and sell orders in those specific hubs.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 03:13
It is also possible that you are right on the border of the detection range of a hub (or more than one) with one city being just in and the other just out of range.

There are many variables

Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Mysthran View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mysthran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 08:55
Thanks guys, in my case it was that one was the capital.  There were no traders or borders involved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic