Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:50
Originally posted by Ruarc Ruarc wrote:

If you switch the corner dot to the top right rather than top left I think that'll help avoid obscuring ingame information. I know sometimes hides/skins/res/equipment etc indicators pile up on the left, but I can't think of anything offhand that is in the top right part of a square.

Might it be worthwhile considering using a square box instead? So something like:

No idea how feasible that is to implement, just something to consider.

You're right! Looking at it I've found things in the top left, bottom left and bottom right corners but not found anything in the top right (doesn't mean there can't be though) so that is a good idea.

The square box idea is much better though and is actually easier to do than the dot in the corner - draw a solid square over the whole tile then remove the inner part. Doing it that way as opposed to drawing a square means the entire thing is contained in the tile. Drawing lines means that half the line would be outside the tile.

I'll have a go at an implementation of the square idea when I get a chance.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 15:28
Option 3 for displaying info on the map as suggested by Ruarc.

I think this is my favourite. It doesn't obscure any in-game stuff but is bold enough that you can see it when viewing large map areas.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 22:27
Note Highlighting is now live on the world map. Clicking the tile will function exactly the same as before. On the pop-up menu you can use the 'Find Notes' option to show the list of any notes for that tile (you can have multiple notes for a single tile).
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 23:55
Added a new tool to the in-game world map pop-up. Lists any IGMs with the tile coords in the subject line - ie any scout/diplo/battle reports.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 02:23
To go with being able to find IGMs relating to a vparticular tile you can now also see any notifications for the tile from the in-game map page popup.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 14:56
Added 10 tile radius circle tool for the world map. By default this is disabled. To enable it go to Map Tools -> Map Display. There you'll also find an on/off switch for displaying note locations on the map.

zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 06:50
Thank you! Great toolsSmile
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:38
Projected Res Usage tool

In response to recent requests the popup now automatically disappears when you move the cursor away from the input/max button.

I'm still working on getting the popup to position itself in relation to the particular item you're setting production for (so you can see it when at the bottom af a long list of items) and also a complete on/off switch (for those that just don't want it).
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:49
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Projected Res Usage tool

In response to recent requests the popup now automatically disappears when you move the cursor away from the input/max button.

I'm still working on getting the popup to position itself in relation to the particular item you're setting production for (so you can see it when at the bottom af a long list of items) and also a complete on/off switch (for those that just don't want it).

Complete about turn on how this is done - no more annoying pop-up. Instead it adds a row under the display of items needed to make something. this row holds the amount of each item needed for the current qty.

Hopefully this will satisfy those that didn't like the pop-up (that included me). If not please shout out.

Tens
Hbz77 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbz77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 11:56
Greetings Tensmoor,
thanks for your awesome work!

I would use the tool but i don't find any download link for Chrome, it works only in Firefox?

Many thanks.

Regards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
  Share Topic