Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 01:28
Max Occupy tool is now working again. The button to set the occupy time for anarmy to 14 days 23 hours and 59 mins will appear when you select 'Occupy' as the order. Apologies for it breaking - my bad and I didn't notice till recently.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 21:25
New Tool

Added a tool that tells you the needed amount of each res as you type the figures in the building production page.
Lord Stanley View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 04:48
Tens,
The new res tool only calculates the res needed for production if you type in an amount.  If you hit the MAX key, nothing happens.
//elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/b/309517/av.jpg
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 08:25
Thanks for letting me know LS, I'll look into that.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 09:47
The pop-up now appears/changes if you click the max button for an item. I'm looking into getting the pop-up to position better so it is relative to the item your setting which will mean you can see it without scrolling if the items list is long and your on an item at the bottom.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 14:12

I asked in GC:

[11:54]<Tensor> Question: Do you think a pop-up showing relevant terrain bonuses would be useful when sending troops? ie if sending to plains tells you the attack & def adjustments for each of the troop types on plains.

The responses I got were:

[11:56]<Valaera> I think it could be a thing you can opt out of
[11:56]<Valaera> so yes useful till it is just annoying
[11:57]<TornSky> have the relevant info show on the send army page below the armies awaiting orders
[11:58]<Valaera> or have a box on the page so if you want to see it you can click on it
[12:00]<TornSky> what i would like is a view last scout mission for a square, instead of Ctrl+F in mail to find what was on the square last time i sent scouts
[12:03]<TornSky> or atleast what gatherers/troops/diplos are in route to a square withou having to move to 4 diff screens

So based on those I'm proposing to have a go at a tool that will:
  1. Add a button to show the relevant terrain combat mods for the target tile (probably in a pop-up.
  2. Add a button to check for any diplo reports on the target tile and show links to them in a popup. These links will then open the relevant report in a new tab (I may be able to get it in a pop-up later) however bear in mind that these reports have a limited lifespan (auto-deleted by the system).

Info on gatherers/troops/diplos movements are a troublesome area that so far I've not been able to come up with a workable solution for so that part will not be available for the time being at least.

Please let me know what you think of this and any sugestions you may have regarding it.

Tens

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 17:49
There is now a button at the top of the Military Orders page that will show you the combat terrain mods specific to the tile you are targeting. If you change the target square, clicking the button again will update the pop-up.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 09:05
Added another button to the Military Orders page that will search the mail database for any known messages with the target coords in the title (ie any diplo or combat reports). These are shown in the normal Mail Search popup and you can view the actual message by clicking on the relevant subject column. If you want to open the message in a new tab you can right click and choose New Tab.

Remember - the database is simply a list of info gathered from the main in-game Mail page. When system mails are auto removed by the system they will still show up (this is something I'm looking into).
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 09:37
Displaying Info on the World Map

As I've mentioned in GC a couple of times I've finally managed to crack the problem of drawing stuff as an overlay on the world map. The tool I'm using for the development of this is the Notes tool.

I've come up with two different methods of showing the tiles that you have notes for and would like some feedback on which you think is better (each has advantages and disadvantages). If you can think of another way to show this please feel free to post that as well.

Corner Dot Method

A solid red dot in the top left corner of the tile. As you can see the this method really stands out and shows up clearly even when viewing a large map area. It has the possible problem of obscuring items placed on the tile by the game.

Whole Tile Method
A red overlay of the entire tile that is 80% transparent allowing everything to show through. Not quite as clear and harder to spot when viewing large map areas. Doesn't hide any in-game info.

Thanks in anticipation of your feedback.

Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:44
If you switch the corner dot to the top right rather than top left I think that'll help avoid obscuring ingame information. I know sometimes hides/skins/res/equipment etc indicators pile up on the left, but I can't think of anything offhand that is in the top right part of a square.

Might it be worthwhile considering using a square box instead? So something like:

No idea how feasible that is to implement, just something to consider.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic