Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Open Letter to the bloated Alliances attacking SIN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Letter to the bloated Alliances attacking SIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open Letter to the bloated Alliances attacking SIN
    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 02:51
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

If you're disputing the idea that players that asked for terms got them, could you at least cite one example.

I wasn't. I don't know the details of that particular situation; I am not especially interested to learn them.

My post was a reaction to Jejune's statement about the SIN philosophy on n00b ringing enemy accounts (i.e. avoiding it). I believe annihilation is an appropriate measure, when 1. a defeated player refuses to surrender on equitable terms, and 2. the player or their alliance has a history of n00b ringing enemies.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 02:27
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

For the record: when certain Coalition warmongers refused to surrender, the GA sent them to the n00b ring. Even after those events, I still considered account annihilation to be unsportsmanlike conduct. Then several GA leaders expressed their continuing belief that zeroing was a valid and valuable tactic in Illyriad. From that point forward, I had no further qualms about zeroing players from those specific alliances. 300 gives players a chance to surrender gracefully. If they refuse that offer, quid pro quo. You'd zero us, so we will zero you. If that seems harsh, remember that your own leadership are the ones who pushed that philosophy.

That was further reinforced recently when EE tried to stall us under the guise of surrender negotiations, until we noticed their Elgean cavalry hurtling towards our Gremont sieges.

If you're going to put things on the record, at least some facts should be provided. 'certain Coalition warmongers' and 'several GA leaders' are hardly specific terms. If you're disputing the idea that players that asked for terms got them, could you at least cite one example. It IS the 'GA's policy to allow persons who want to quit the war, do so without any punitive terms. About 20 players have left Loki during the course of the war. Only one suffered any further action - after they reentered the war from outside any alliance (Iapetus).  If you wish to contradict any of that, please cite an example.

spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 15:28
Thank you for the info.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 01:11
Originally posted by spektor spektor wrote:

Jejune, I choose to believe what my friend told me. I would stick up for her when she is not here to do so herself.

Stukahh, you think you caught me spying. You are wrong. And I would not call alienating a new player "benevolent".

Also, where's my jello?

I had know Venita for an exceptionally long time before you ever did from II , Bane, GA, through to getting her to join your alliance. I talked her into joining sin and she abandoned her alt at the time mistress mayhem to make sin star. 
I tried to find another reason for what was going on, but couldn't, so I gave the order to fry the account of the person that I had been a friend with for a long time. It hurt, I did speak at length about it to venita in skype at a later date, and you know whose fault it was? Hers and mine. Am I sorry that I did it? Absolutely. Would a do it again? I would not hesitate. The sitter that did the demoing on the account is the one I feel sorry for. 
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 00:55
Originally posted by spektor spektor wrote:

Jejune, I choose to believe what my friend told me. I would stick up for her when she is not here to do so herself.

Stukahh, you think you caught me spying. You are wrong. And I would not call alienating a new player "benevolent".

Also, where's my jello?

Let's try and apply some logic here. In SinisterStar, SIN had a robust, militarized dwarf account located in the SIN land claim with fully appointed siege armies. This account was run by Venita, who, although in SHARK with her main at the time, was to that point a deeply trusted SIN member. Given the amazing asset that she and her account represented for our small, outnumbered alliance, would it make any sense for us to have scuttled her troops and destroyed her city unless we were 100% certain beyond any reasonable doubt that she was in fact preparing to use that account against us? Can you imagine that decision being made capriciously by our group at that particular time? I can tell you that He-Man and Stukahh looked and hoped for any bit of evidence to cast doubt on the facts. We found none.

Our sheer resolve to take action on that account in light of these facts should speak volumes to the veracity of our evidence.

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 23:57
For the record: when certain Coalition warmongers refused to surrender, the GA sent them to the n00b ring. Even after those events, I still considered account annihilation to be unsportsmanlike conduct. Then several GA leaders expressed their continuing belief that zeroing was a valid and valuable tactic in Illyriad. From that point forward, I had no further qualms about zeroing players from those specific alliances. 300 gives players a chance to surrender gracefully. If they refuse that offer, quid pro quo. You'd zero us, so we will zero you. If that seems harsh, remember that your own leadership are the ones who pushed that philosophy.

That was further reinforced recently when EE tried to stall us under the guise of surrender negotiations, until we noticed their Elgean cavalry hurtling towards our Gremont sieges.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 23:54

... and if he had asked for terms, he'd have got them. Many others did.

Lol at many.  You guys cant even siege in lucerna, right next door your your strongest hubs in Ragallon and Wolgast. Let alone the pathetic attempt in Pawa on Zenobia, I dont see why anyone would even bother going to you for terms when you can't even effectively siege. 

You even say you like to give out medals for outstanding achievements , even to enemies, yet you delete the outstanding achievement medal I gave to you. Those sieges you planned on Hobblez and simba, inspiring stuff. 

You are the best player that the sindicate has, keep it up. 
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 23:34

Also, where's my jello?
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 22:45
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

In response to the opening post and for the record: Any player that has dropped out of the warring alliances on the Sindicate side and has stayed out of the war has been left alone. PPP is a SIN policy - not ours. Any player that has asked for terms has got them. The two players in question on the opening post entered directly as noobs to SIN in September (i.e. a returning SIN player) and did not seek terms.

For all that has been said about SIN's PPP, no account -- with the exception of spy accounts -- has been persistently pursued to the noob ring and beyond in the way that Bellicose and his alt was. For those who have felt that SIN's PPP was draconian, the Grand Alliance's PPP is far more brutal than anything our group has ever enforced in the game. Once again, it is not the so-called war mongers, but the self-righteous crusaders who have overstepped good gaming and sportsmanship to force players out of Illyriad. To wit, that is their mission: to rid the setter of militaristic players. Careful, server: that's a slippery slope.

SIN has repeatedly pulled back from decimating enemies specifically to encourage those players to play and war again. Spektor and Agalloch can attest to this. We never extract gold or require city demolitions as peace terms. The game is fortunate that Bellicose is such a GOOD SPORT that he is continuing to play despite his treatment in the noob ring by the GA. He is one of the best military players in the game and one that neither side should want to see quit.

... and if he had asked for terms, he'd have got them. Many others did.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 21:49

In response to the opening post and for the record: Any player that has dropped out of the warring alliances on the Sindicate side and has stayed out of the war has been left alone. PPP is a SIN policy - not ours. Any player that has asked for terms has got them. The two players in question on the opening post entered directly as noobs to SIN in September (i.e. a returning SIN player) and did not seek terms.

For all that has been said about SIN's PPP, no account -- with the exception of spy accounts -- has been persistently pursued to the noob ring and beyond in the way that Bellicose and his alt was. For those who have felt that SIN's PPP was draconian, the Grand Alliance's PPP is far more brutal than anything our group has ever enforced in the game. Once again, it is not the so-called war mongers, but the self-righteous crusaders who have overstepped good gaming and sportsmanship to force players out of Illyriad. To wit, that is their mission: to rid the setter of militaristic players. Careful, server: that's a slippery slope.

SIN has repeatedly pulled back from decimating enemies specifically to encourage those players to play and war again. Spektor and Agalloch can attest to this. We never extract gold or require city demolitions as peace terms. The game is fortunate that Bellicose is such a GOOD SPORT that he is continuing to play despite his treatment in the noob ring by the GA. He is one of the best military players in the game and one that neither side should want to see quit.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic