Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Formation of storm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 18:14
   We are indeed filing Storm with our active players from T-O, Heat and T-SC. This will be 90+ accounts total. I have not yet added up the total population or land but I'd guess around 18 million population and 10,000-12,000 land.

Also important to mention the merger has produced a lot of interest from players outside our 3 alliances and we will likely reach 100 rather quickly.
  Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and interest in our new venture.
Raf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 20:01
good luck and all the very best !
Hello ! Please join Friendship One (FR1) alliance, thank you and welcome !
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 20:16
Hey, I have a question regarding this:

Originally posted by madmano madmano wrote:

. . . we will maintain a neutral relationship in illyriad politics, thus we will not enter into confederations or NAP's . . . we will be strongly neutral, so please dont waste your time by offering us nap or confed.

Can you elaborate on what you mean exactly as "neutral?" In the usual context, "neutral" refers to a position that keeps an entity out of a dispute or conflict. But in the policy above, "neutral" sounds more like you're saying that you're not going to align with with power blocs or alliances in the game.

So is it that Storm will positively stay out of conflicts, that it will not align with other alliances and confeds, or both? Or neither?

Thanks! this is an important point to clarify publicly, I think.

Ricky View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 21:19
Or is "neutral" a fancy way of saying Storm will do whatever it pleases, without the hindrance of diplomacy.  It might be argued that this is a way to address the weakness of DSD in the recent Newlands war - Heat and T-O players (former) can hit the Elgean powerhouse cities of Shark, if (when) a war reoccurs in the BL.  Some very high-ranking members of SIN have recently made remarks in GC on a regular basis about how they're going after Shark after the war is over - if SIN and Storm join forces, might be tough for Shark.
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 00:55
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

. . . we will maintain a neutral relationship in illyriad politics, thus we will not enter into confederations or NAP's . . . we will be strongly neutral, so please dont waste your time by offering us nap or confed.

Can you elaborate on what you mean exactly as "neutral?" In the usual context, "neutral" refers to a position that keeps an entity out of a dispute or conflict. But in the policy above, "neutral" sounds more like you're saying that you're not going to align with with power blocs or alliances in the game.

So is it that Storm will positively stay out of conflicts, that it will not align with other alliances and confeds, or both? Or neither?

We are neutral in the sense we will have no diplomatic relations. I like a good conflict every now and then Wink
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 01:03
Originally posted by Ricky Ricky wrote:

Or is "neutral" a fancy way of saying Storm will do whatever it pleases, without the hindrance of diplomacy.  It might be argued that this is a way to address the weakness of DSD in the recent Newlands war - Heat and T-O players (former) can hit the Elgean powerhouse cities of Shark, if (when) a war reoccurs in the BL.  Some very high-ranking members of SIN have recently made remarks in GC on a regular basis about how they're going after Shark after the war is over - if SIN and Storm join forces, might be tough for Shark.

Not at all, Had I wanted to take on Shark I could have with T-O. Our reasons for merger were to form a power bloc, independent of DSD and GA, to give players a third option.

The DSD and GA have been locked in a "cold war" since the end of the great war. Storm is comprised of former players from both. Our hope is to end the old bad feelings.

I am many things but those that know me can atest that if I have a problem with an alliance or player, their size or purported strength has little bearing on my willingness to engage them in warfare. What I mean is I wouldn't go to all this trouble to start a war with anyone, I would have well before now.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 10:43
Originally posted by Pellinell Pellinell wrote:

Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

We are neutral in the sense we will have no diplomatic relations. I like a good conflict every now and then Wink

Does this include temporary confeds for moving cities within a 10sq distance, as the game currently blocks for non-confeds?

Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 17:01
We will do temporary confeds :)
Raf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 17:51
Hello,

Again, good luck with this, and since no formal diplo, I hope we have an informal, gentlemen's agreement to a NAP between us.

thank you,
Hello ! Please join Friendship One (FR1) alliance, thank you and welcome !
willd elff View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willd elff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 04:48
I think this perfect an am considering asking to join my self...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic