Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExodus Alters Underlying Terrain...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 06:44
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

QFT - the system attempts to revert land to what it should have been after the Poussin/fractal terrain, elevation and biome seeding; if the recently evacuated terrain isn't currently what it should be in the eyes of the system.  

The map contains concepts of each square's current terrain type, its underlying terrain type (which is what it was intended to be after the seeding), and its original terrain type (what it was when the map was first created, before the seeding).

Hope that helps.

SC

Hmm, something just occurred to me to ask.  I assume the data contained in the datafile_worldmap.txt data dump is the "current" terrain type (since I think I've seen that file change, which the other two terrain types -- underlying and original -- shouldn't); is that correct?

And a follow-up question, assuming that's accurate...I don't suppose it would be worth the effort on your end to ask if you could make the other data sets publicly available?  I can imagine some app developers would be greatly interested in the "underlying" data, to see what the potential of each square is...though perhaps that would spoil the surprise?  (The "original" data I only included so he wouldn't feel left out; who knows though, maybe someone would be interested in looking at historical data.)
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 17:38
Here's a fun update: Exodus does indeed seem broken, since I just saw it revert a 7-food/3-wood spot that was "Fertile Ground" into a 7-food/3-wood spot that was just "Plains" (which as you may know, is not a naturally occurring terrain combination, and should not be showing up under the conditions where terrain should be reverting to what SC called "underlying" terrain).
Yhina View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:51
Maybe it just changes the terrain type, and not its "stats"..

I have just exodus-ed from a large mountain, and it went "poof", becoming a 55555 plains.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic