Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exchange rates on prestige purchases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KenRychard View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenRychard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exchange rates on prestige purchases
    Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 07:11
  I asked in GC how I could determine the exchange rates for US dollars to GB lbs and was told by GM Rikko that the DOLLAR amount for the purchase would be shown before the transaction completed. This was NOT the case...  not a particular problem for me... but your GM's need to be better informed, OR you need to upgrade your prestige purchase system so US players know what they are buying. In fact, this might benefit you as well, since Id bet some people who MIGHT buy, DONT, because they are unsure of the amount they are actually spending!
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:08
mmh! I guess actual exchange rate $/€/£ depends a lot on everyone's banking account… Paypal (which I use) isn't very clear about when the actual transaction will be solved…
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 13:41
Strange, I see the dollar amount before purchase, always have. This is even signed in with guest mode:

If you are not seeing this, let me know what you are seeing. 

I am in the US.

Did you actually get to this window or not?

Thanks.

GM Rikoo

EDIT: This window with this information pops up before you actually purchase.

Edited by GM Rikoo - 23 Apr 2015 at 13:42
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 15:36
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Strange, I see the dollar amount before purchase, always have. This is even signed in with guest mode:

If you are not seeing this, let me know what you are seeing. 

I am in the US.

Did you actually get to this window or not?

Thanks.

GM Rikoo

EDIT: This window with this information pops up before you actually purchase.

I have always gotten this window as well.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 14:43
The company I work for uses PayPal heavily to pay freelancers who get paid in euros. It's worth noting that PayPal offers a very poor exchange rate on all currency exchanges -- and they are within their rights to do so. Their rates lag behind actual rates, sadly.

DDL View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 19:16
Here is a money converter. Toggle to switch from one currency to another. I believe it's updated daily.

http://themoneyconverter.com/USD/NZD.aspx

Edited by DDL - 25 Apr 2015 at 19:18
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic