Topic ClosedEvent Notification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
matiez View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Event Notification
    Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 13:40
I am contemplating an event notification application that will operate on an Android device and wanted to ensure an applicaiton of this sort would not break any rules.

The application will "track" personal queues and alert the user when a queue is empty (or full, in case of resources). The user will be unable to make any ingame actions with this interface. The data will be retrieved from Illyriad via a manual "Update" button. The data tracked will be: Building queues, research queues, res amounts, incoming hostiles, outgoing movements, and production queues. The "Update" button would simply gather the completion times of these and the application would take care of event notification.

CCP has an interface that allows users to enter a hashkey and pull down personal data similar to above. This would be the best solution for my application. If a similar interface is not available, I would be required to log into Illyriad from my external application and automatically pull down the html pages for this data.

Does this idea break any rules/regulations?
Muykul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 13:41
Matiez,

Are you still working on this? I had a similar idea and would be willing to assist writing code and test. After reading what forum posts exist on 3rd party apps, I believe as long as you simply retrieve information and don't actually post any actions, such an app would not be sanctioned.

-Muykul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic