Topic ClosedEmail Delete Button

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email Delete Button
    Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 08:34
Clap Do you know what would be superb?  To have a delete button in the interface while reading a in game message, so you can delete it as soon as you read it rather than go back to the list and delete it....  Also a message archive system? Also perhaps a way to empty or delete sent messages...
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:28
Ontop of this it would be realy good if the buttons to go to the next page were also at the bottom of the page, so we do not have to scroll back up once we have read through the first page of mails.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 12:05
I suspect the email/message interface might get an overhaul soon. I don't have any special information on this, but it's a simple matter of a frequently-used feature receiving a huge benefit for a small development cost.

I'd add my own thoughts to the pile:
- Action buttons ('mark as...', 'delete', etc) should be near the 'select all' box.
- Pagers should be close by too.
- Some of the mail categories need to be moved out of 'system' (known by GM SC I think)
- A 'click-to-preview'/'preview window' would be good; would cut down on a lot of list re-loads.
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 19:28
An option to delete sent mail?

So when my sitters sit on my account they can't go right off to my "sent" folder and see all the replies i put in.

Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
JohnnyBravo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 20:42
Delete button at the top would great for me, just so i can delete the mass of system generated messages i get every day. I don't need to go into each one to know that my caravans have reached a city...
Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 20:54
Click the [ ] mark at the top of the page next to "from" to select all messages.  Then click "delete" at the bottom.  
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 21:59
Originally posted by JohnnyBravo JohnnyBravo wrote:

Delete button at the top would great for me, just so i can delete the mass of system generated messages i get every day. I don't need to go into each one to know that my caravans have reached a city...

If you're using Butler, the checkbox will first highlight just unread messages, which helps deal with the system spam.  And I'm not sure if it's in the latest Butler or just the dev version I'm using, but one of them at least places the buttons in a line across the top as "Compose, Mark Read, Mark Unread, Delete."

(The next release will have this moved-buttons feature for sure, as well as apply it whenever ending up on the mail list page...as opposed to how it currently only works when visiting email list pages directly).
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 23:19
Along with several others who've spoken, I would much prefer the delete button to be at the top rather than the bottom of the page.  This allows us to delete all those pesky system messages without reading.  I recall SC saying something about changing the notifications so that we don't get those system mail in our inbox -- perhaps some of these suggestions can be incorporated in that change.
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 00:04
Originally posted by Kurfist Kurfist wrote:

An option to delete sent mail?

So when my sitters sit on my account they can't go right off to my "sent" folder and see all the replies i put in.

Perhaps you shouldn't let people you don't trust sit your account.
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 00:29
I'm just saying, it would be a nice feature. That was the best example "why" i could come up with.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic