illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ELVES: Illy's First User-Led Faction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ELVES: Illy's First User-Led Faction
    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 00:52
Fellow players of Illyriad, it is my pleasure to announce the launch of [ELVES], the game's first user-led faction.

ELVES is based on a concept that I developed a few years ago, towards the end of SIN. The faction pages (such as that of the Turyns) have always intrigued me. I longed for the day when a myriad of interactions and decisions would lead both players and alliances to influence the standing ratings of these factions, not to mention the innate racial biases that each faction held. I also found the "standing meanings" scale to be fascinating, and looked forward to the day when we would all be having to consider these standings for want (or factions) of the factions aiding or otherwise attacking us in the midst of our own PvP and AvA metagaming. 

Well, that has yet come to pass, so I thought that perhaps instead we could create a series of ranking factors based on the racial biases long established in the fiction surrounding elves, and then use these alliance ranking to influence and even mandate our decision-making as a faction in how we interact with them.

That is what I'm going for. This is very much an experiment, much like my committment to the land claims initiative, launched in 2015

I am looking for players of all kinds who are willing and able to play an elf account to join. Additionally, I am also looking to add leaders and emmissaries of other alliances to a new off-game Slack embassy as well. 

If you are interested in either opportunity, or just have some questions, please feel free to message me in-game at Eraisuithon.

Read all about ELVES on our alliance page.

Thanks!

Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 15:37
god your back again?
Let fate chase you not me
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 20:49
Awesome idea!
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 19:50
Hi, folks! Just an update on ELVES. We have our first member, and I've been speaking with several veterans who, over the holidays, are looking to place elves alts in the faction. I hope others will consider as well -- especially if you're interested in coontributing to the concept and wish to help develop it.

We've continued to update some of the modifiers. So far, they include:

• Race of alliance leader (or leaders if there is co-leadership)
  • An alliance capital's proximity to elven or human faction hubs
  • Racial dominance in an alliance
  • Racial components in an alliance
  • Alliance magic scores
  • Wartime effects
  • "Persona Non Grata"
Additionally, we're working out more short-term, ephemeral modifiers, such as the effect that aggressive acts (outside of a war declaration and ensuing military ops) have on alliance standings. These effects typically last 1-2 seasons only, and then drop off.

You can read through all of the ranking modifiers on the ELVES alliance page.

Please IGM me if you're ready to join. Thanks!

Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 22:38
Those those who are interested in ELVES, we now have a new player document, which is also open to the public. Access it here: https://tinyurl.com/elves-info

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic