illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dwarven Champion's Armor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Endrok View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endrok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 09:45

Well it doesn't look like the trader thing is going to make any difference at the moment, but there are a couple of other variations that I may try.  
The trouble is there are so many possible variations that this could take a looooong time!

The report does mention that the site is vast, it's spread over 5 squares (I've sent diplos to all 5 - same report for each sq and each diplo type).  Just wondering if the following wording is a hint that we need to send LOTS of diplos. 

"The ruins of Duraz Karag are so vast, they say, that it must contain some secrets, but they had no clue where they might even start such a search."

What sort of numbers of Scouts / Spies etc have people been sending to Duraz Karag ?
(yeah I know this has probably already been looked at)

For the time being I'm hoping that good old Dwarven Honour  ( Big smile )  will mean that if anybody does actually work it out they will at least give those who have contributed to this thread hint on where/how/what we should be doing !

I'd love to get to the bottom of this Discovery, it has to be more interesting than killing rats all day long!   If anybody wants to combine efforts on this send me an IGM! http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/67113

Endrok
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anjire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:36
2500 t2 spies and scouts in 5 separate attempts to each of the 5 squares

125 t2 spies and scouts coordinated to land at the same time on all five squares

Same report received as already posted

Endrok View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endrok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:39
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

2500 t2 spies and scouts in 5 separate attempts to each of the 5 squares

125 t2 spies and scouts coordinated to land at the same time on all five squares

Same report received as already posted

Thanks Anjire ......  there goes another theory Big smile

.... Back to the drawingboard!
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 12:02
Perhaps sending miners rather than dips?  So they can dig through the rubble.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 16:51
ALready tried sending 20 miners to each square. no success. 

joeya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 20:32
Has anyone sent armies to all 5 squares?  Raid or Occupy?  Ever seen an NPC on top of the ruins? Maybe a battle needs to be won on top?  Although that does not flow with any instructions from the scouting report.

I have sent resources in, (all specifically mentioned, plus some more, except for silversteel), and they get dumped into the abyss.  I have sent dozens of underminers and deep dwellers, as well, to no avail.
joeya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 21:14
"Clan Bealagh, as military leaders of the Dwarven Defence, ordered the Dwarves deeper into the mountains, retreating before the foul greenskin horde. The mountain’s tunnels and caverns would ensure that the United Dwarven Army did not get outflanked by their more numerous enemies..."

"...We will stand united again, under one Great King, one banner and we will drive the greenskins and their evil taint from our beloved mountains once and for all. 

Clan Bealagh will not rest until we hear the delightful sound of our enemies’ skulls being crushed under our steel-toed boots."

Maybe investigating the mountain caves in the area will lead to something?
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-213/-126
joeya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 21:26
and there is this; http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-208/-121
not sure if these are common as well, I see a lot of "caves" around the world, but not so many "ancient lairs".
May be worth sending to both nearby, if the clan had a tunnel system.  Any other ideas?

Edited by joeya - 22 Feb 2013 at 17:03
Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elmindra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 14:44
This and this + a lot.  I have seen quite a few mountain caves, but this is the first Ancient Lair I have seen.  This makes me think that while the graphic is the same, some of these special locations must have a more meaningful purpose behind them.  It makes no sense to make some special without a good reason.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 16:25
Originally posted by Elmindra Elmindra wrote:

This and this + a lot.  I have seen quite a few mountain caves, but this is the first Ancient Lair I have seen.  This makes me think that while the graphic is the same, some of these special locations must have a more meaningful purpose behind them.  It makes no sense to make some special without a good reason.

I have seen several ancient lairs on the map. I scouted all of the Large mountains around the area, but not the Ancient Lairs. 

This could be a deeper clue. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic