Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 21:10
Tens,

The colors for distance was a neat addition... And it made me think of something that might be helpful to new players, lets say you click on square and try to send harvesters, in addition to the distance colors (red, yellow, green) could another indicator be added to let the player know which of the harvesters can be used to collect the resources present?

Perhaps this will help newbs who keep sending vans and cotters to harvest rare minerals?

Thanks again for all of your work on this helpful tool!

Wartow

Edited by Wartow - 10 Aug 2017 at 21:12
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 06:42
Wartow,

thanks for the praise Smile

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of days as it's not just newbies that get it wrong, I did it myself - sent my Herbalists to animal parts and Skinners to Larken Wood Embarrassed

The code to implement this is mainly done already in the Collectable scan tool. The problem is trying to come up with an indicator that will fit in the space available (UI is always a problem for me) so any suggestions are very welcome.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 19:38
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Tens,

The colors for distance was a neat addition... And it made me think of something that might be helpful to new players, lets say you click on square and try to send harvesters, in addition to the distance colors (red, yellow, green) could another indicator be added to let the player know which of the harvesters can be used to collect the resources present?

Perhaps this will help newbs who keep sending vans and cotters to harvest rare minerals?

Thanks again for all of your work on this helpful tool!

Wartow

Implemented
Now when you click the 'Harvest Resources' link in the popup the unit image will be displayed as a negative if there are no suitable items for that unit. It doesn't stop you from sending those units but it does tell you if they'll be disappointed.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 17:35
Example of what Tens did...

This was a location with only rare herbs.  The herbalist is active while the other three types of harvesters are shaded a blueish hue.  As Tens said, you can still send them but they'll be disappointed.  The other color next to the name of the harvester indicates the travel time.  Green is the shortest time, then yellow, then red.  The exact values that elicit each color can be found earlier in this thread.

Thanks to Tens for this addition, we hope it helps newbs with the mis-launching of harvesters!

Wartow
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 02:02
Bug Fixes

Removed double listing of terrain types in the Spot Scan tool.
Help file for the Stored Trades tool now shows correctly.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:56
Bug Fix

Tool to edit existing notes now works.
Timrath View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 05:59
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Bug Report
Just got a report from Humanoid of a bug in the Sub-Inventories tool. If you click on the 'Everywhere' location multiple times you get wrong totals for the items. This one may take a bit longer than normal to get fixed.

Update
I've temporarily disable the Everywhere option in the Sub-Inventories tool. All the other options should be working fine. If not please let me know.

Update
Bug fixed and the Everywhere option is re-enabled. In addition all the inventory tools have been updated to use the moveable/resizeable system with their own help windows. Any further problems please let me know and once again, thanks to Humanoid for reporting the bug Thumbs Up

This bug still persists in my case. I'm using Firefox.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 07:00
Yup, you're absolutely right it is back again...I really hated this one Ouch

Oh well, back into the nightmare...

Update:
Not going to say it is fixed but it now seems to be working for me. You will need to re-scan your inventories but as far as I can tell it does what it should do now and multiple clicks on the Everywhere link doesn't give you multiple counts of what you have...

crosses fingers, toes, eys and everything else he can...

Edited by Tensmoor - 25 Aug 2017 at 11:04
Timrath View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 15:08
You did it! :-)
But now base inventory doesn't update any more. It just shows zeroes.

Edited by Timrath - 25 Aug 2017 at 15:11
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 17:29
Hmmm...it updates for me in FF 55.02(64bit).

Can you try it by opening the tool then viewing the inventory page for a town. The figures for that town should update. Changing the town should cause the figures for that town to update as well.

Tens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic