Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:14
Volunteers Wanted

Looking for a volunteer to help with testing new versions of DurcTools. You need to be a current user of the tools. If you're interested send me a IGM and I'll send you the link for the test version and instructions. This is a chance to help shape the look and feel of future versions of the tools

Why do I need this? When I write a new tool I test it in Firefox and Chrome but the problem is I know how the tool is meant to work so I only press the right buttons at the right time. I need ordinary users with no inside knowledge of the tools to make sure they will work properly for everyone.

Edited by Tensmoor - 10 Jul 2017 at 10:43
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 14:52
New Tool added

I've added a new tool that allows you to save trades for re-use later. It is found under Towns->Trade->Show Trades

Trades can be saved with a destination (useful for sending regularly to a particular hub/town) or without (for res-bombing anyone that you fancy).

If you save a trade with a destination then it will be filed under the town you created it from. If no destination is set then it will be saved as a res-bomb.

You can re-load any trade from any town.

There is a help file available by clicking the ? icon in the Stored Trades tool window.

Any problems or suggestions please give me a shout and have fun res-bombing the newbies :)
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 22:48
Bug Fix

Fixed a bug in the Production monitor tool that was reported by Alred Reylynn (1k Giant Beetle Carpaces on the way as a reward for being the first to report the bug).

The bug meant that if you had a production capable building in a town then demolished it then it would continue showing as an idle queue. Visiting the Production page for that town will now remove any buildings that no longer exist.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 14:06
Bug Report
Just got a report from Humanoid of a bug in the Sub-Inventories tool. If you click on the 'Everywhere' location multiple times you get wrong totals for the items. This one may take a bit longer than normal to get fixed.

Update
I've temporarily disable the Everywhere option in the Sub-Inventories tool. All the other options should be working fine. If not please let me know.

Update
Bug fixed and the Everywhere option is re-enabled. In addition all the inventory tools have been updated to use the moveable/resizeable system with their own help windows. Any further problems please let me know and once again, thanks to Humanoid for reporting the bug Thumbs Up

Edited by Tensmoor - 25 Jul 2017 at 22:30
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 13:08
Update to Notes tool
Just done an update to the Notes tool. Added options to the in-game map popup to allow adding a note and quick access to existing notes for the square you clicked on.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:44
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Update to Notes tool
Just done an update to the Notes tool. Added options to the in-game map popup to allow adding a note and quick access to existing notes for the square you clicked on.

MAJOR BUGS

Just found two major bugs in this upgrade:
  1. All notes created are available to all accounts you have access to instead of being restricted to the account that created them.
  2. While I can perform all actions from my main account, I cannot view any notes from my alt - even ones created from it.

As a result I've decided to roll back the code to the previous state while I work on solving these problems. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Update

I couldn't get the old code to work again so I've deployed the V3 code that I've been working on. As far as I know all the tools should work the same as before apart from the UI.

If you find any functionality that was available in the previous version is missing please message me.

Edited by Tensmoor - 01 Aug 2017 at 14:28
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 22:05
Notes Tool on World Map
I've got the notes working again and you should now be able to both add and retrieve notes from the world map.

I still need to sort out the problem of notes from different accounts not being separated but that is going to take some time as I'll need to re-write the entire note tool and also create a system allowing you to transfer existing notes to the new system (it has to allow you to select which notes belong to which accounts).

Update
Added a button to the in-game World Map menu bar that tells you how many notes you have on the currently visible world map. Clicking it will open a table showing the Note Search Results table for those notes.

Edited by Tensmoor - 03 Aug 2017 at 23:21
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 16:39
Harvester Travel Times

As suggested by Eresh, I've added some code to the in-game popup that lets you send out harvesting units so you can see how long they will take BEFORE you send them. Hovering over the unit name will give you the actual travel time and the  name also has the background colour set to give an indication of the journey times:
  • Red > 24 hours
  • Yellow 12-24 hours
  • Green < 12 hours

Hopefully this will help us avoid sending harvesters from the wrong towns Tongue

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:55
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

Greetings All!

We'll be performing extended server maintenance on the 11th of August at 0430 GMT (0030 EST) with a window of approximately 6 hours.  During this time there will be a time stoppage across all of the Elgea server for the duration of the outage.  All pending and current events will be frozen in time when the maintenance begins at 0430 Server Time, and will be processed in the correct order when the servers are brought back online.  Announcements will be made via Twitter and Facebook for updates on server status.

We will be working diligently to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.  Please note that with the time stoppage there may be discrepancies in time stamps for events effected by maintenance as time stamps will match the process time.

Best,

GM Cerberus

Depending on exactly what they do during the maintenance there is a very real danger that DurcTools may stop working. If it does then I'll do my best to get it up and running again ASAP. Just want to give you some advanced warning.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 13:44
Bug Fix

Fixed a bug in the Base Res Rates tool. The tool worked fine on the first run but any subsequent runs displayed a blank window. This has been fixed and it should now display the correct figures every time it is run.

Tens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic