Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 05:49
Fixed a bug in the troop info gathering that stopped the script gathering info for any towns owned by Orcs if there were any Trebuchets present. Thanks to Agalloch for reporting the problem.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 03:36
Update to the Production Monitor tool.

Changes
  •  Added an option to disable the visual alert entirely.
  • Added the ability to select how frequently to check for queues have ended.

Both options are under the Settings tool.

Any problems or suggestions please contact me by IGM.

Tensmoor
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 21:45
I'm updating the help system for the tools and have decided to try small individual files for each of the tools rather than one large file with all the tools help in it.

So far I've done it for the Production Queue tools and for the Distance Measuring tool. Each of those has a small ? icon at the top of the tool that will open the relevant help file in a popup. These popups can be moved and re-sized and you can have more than one of them open at a time.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on which system you prefer.

Tens
Chickasaw1 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickasaw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 15:39
First of all, thank you for all the time and hard work developing and maintaining this toolkit.
Question about Spotscan: Is there a way include sov quantities higher than 18? Setting parameters to min 15 comes close but it seems you have to choose a max no higher than 18. So 19 food and higher are not included. Seems like you would want an option for 99  or no max. 
I realize that the majority of squares are 18 or less but there are food squares of 19, 20, and 21 that I know of and maybe higher that I don't. 
Am I missing a way to accomplish this within the current interface?
Thanks again,
Barney Battleaxe (current player name)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 16:15
25 would be the appropriate maximum.  There is one 25-food square.  However, it's taken.  The other highest food squares are 21, as far as I know, although I haven't looked all over Broken Lands.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 17:32
I think at one point I had a draft of it where you could set it to unlimited (99). Lost it in one of my many hard drive crashes...

I'll see about getting it done again but it may take a while as my internet is really crappy at the moment (35 dropped connections so far today) and I don't want to risk corrupting the existing script.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 06:56
As it turned out the change was fairly simple and I only had to change one line of code which I could do by editing the file on the server. You should now be able to set both the minimum and maxium res levels to anything between 0 and 25 with the maximum being 25 by default.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 18:19
Fixed a bug in the Troop Summary tool and upgraded it to use a moveable/resizeable window.

Many thanks to mandamo and Bonemash for the help in diagnosing and fixing the problem - have a beer on me guys Beer

I'll be migrating the other tools to use the same system as and when I can.

If you have any problems/suggestions with the tools send me an IGM.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 18:37
On investigating the bug in the Production Monitoring tool I found it was a basic flaw in the way the script to gather the information was called. I've changed the method to a much better one and it now seems to be working fine.

I also had a major rethink of what the purpose of the tool was and how best to achieve it. End result is that you no longer have to decide which buildings to monitor - it will automatically watch all production queues.

There is also a new tool - All Queues. This will show info on every production queue in all your towns. Included in this info is the date/time the last item in the queue will finish. This is shown in both Illy time and your local time.

The big bell is also gone. In its place is a small blue box above the D in the DurcTools logo. This shows the number of unread notifications of queues ending similar to the in-game method of letting you know about new notifications. Clicking on it will open a popup with details of the queue that ended. Any that you are seeing for the first time will be in bold. you can delete a notification by clicking in the checkbox to its left.

Each of the production monitoring tools now open in popups which mean that you can have more than one of them open at a time. They also have their own indivdual help files which also open in popups.

Thanks to Lord Stanley for pointing out the problem and to those who gave their time in helping me test it. Beer

If you have any problems with or suggestions for DurcTools please drop me a IGM.
Tensmoor
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 21:06
As I go through the various parts of DurcTools upgrading them to the new pop-up based system I'm also thinking about some changes/new tools and would like to give you all the chance to offer you thoughts on them.

1. A tool to show what data is currently stored on your hard drive by the tools. This would be an extension of the Clear Data tool.
  2. Create an in-game version of the Battle Calculator that will take data direct from the commander/army/scout report pages. Still have the option to enter data manually. No equipment taken into account.
  3. Upgrade the Check Crafting tool to look at the buildings present/research completed in the current town to see if you can make an item there. This will require the adding the scanning of the crafting research page in each town.
  4. Create a tool to allow you to check all your towns to see which have the needed buildings and research to craft an item. This could also have an option to check for the needed resources.This will require the adding the scanning of the crafting research page in each town.
  5. Add a display that shows if you have any notes for locations in the currently displayed area of the world map and allow you to view them if you have.
  6. Add options to create/view notes to the world map pop-up that opens when you click a square.
  7. Create a database of what you can reasonably expect to be dropped if you kill a bunch of NPCs. This would be an external tool that is based on players being willing to submit selected parts of both combat reports and subsequent scout reports to an external database.
  8. final one and it is a biggie (from my point of view). Convert the tools from a user-script based addon to a full browser plugin thus enabling users of IE to use the tools.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions for other tools/upgrades that I haven't mentioned above please feel free to put them forward however bear in mind that there are very strictly enforced rules regarding any form of automation.

Many thanks
Tens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic