illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 55 minutes ago at 11:50
Originally posted by Ruarc Ruarc wrote:

If you switch the corner dot to the top right rather than top left I think that'll help avoid obscuring ingame information. I know sometimes hides/skins/res/equipment etc indicators pile up on the left, but I can't think of anything offhand that is in the top right part of a square.

Might it be worthwhile considering using a square box instead? So something like:

No idea how feasible that is to implement, just something to consider.

You're right! Looking at it I've found things in the top left, bottom left and bottom right corners but not found anything in the top right (doesn't mean there can't be though) so that is a good idea.

The square box idea is much better though and is actually easier to do than the dot in the corner - draw a solid square over the whole tile then remove the inner part. Doing it that way as opposed to drawing a square means the entire thing is contained in the tile. Drawing lines means that half the line would be outside the tile.

I'll have a go at an implementation of the square idea when I get a chance.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 17 minutes ago at 15:28
Option 3 for displaying info on the map as suggested by Ruarc.

I think this is my favourite. It doesn't obscure any in-game stuff but is bold enough that you can see it when viewing large map areas.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic