illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Duraz Karag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 01:55
I am still working on this quest
Just here
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 15:54
Originally posted by zap zap wrote:

I am still working on this quest

Am I assuming correctly that the different races have different quests from the tavern?  Has anyone assembled the text from all of the quests somewhere?

The pessimistic view is that a lot of the background story is just that, a story.  The DEVS had made it a challenge to decipher what is lore and what is an actionable item.  What regions of the game are anomalies (misted lands, swamps, rift, inaccessible hubs) and which are part of a larger quest?  I'd also suggest that some of the lore may be for a future event or new content that was not developed and/or released at the time of the background writing.

One speculation is that tunnels and mines are a pathway to another world.  I'll suggest a potential expansion to the game such as the Broken Lands (or AoA).  It would be a real shame if there has been substantial development of the game to which no players in the life of this game have ever been able to access.

All of this is the beauty of Illyriad.  Nice layers of backstory, DEV-provided content, and the sandbox for the community to make the social side what it wants.  Neglecting any one aspect, or exclusive focus on any one aspect, means you are missing out on a lot of potential.
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 02:51
TheFanciness View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFanciness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 19:05
Originally posted by demdigs demdigs wrote:

Our shields are now rusty and the weapons are now not nearly half as shiny as those our ancestors gripped. We now wait, struggling to survive against both kobolds and elves. No matter how dire it gets, all of us now have the same dream: to once again walk down the tunnels and halls of our ancestral homeland. We long to retake the glory that was once ours, in an age of prosperity and peace, the glory and wealth that once belonged to our great and powerful Clan.

Does that indicate that you should send all units in your city? Has anyone tried that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic