Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Discoveries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discoveries
    Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 06:27
As of now, these are the discovered discoveries and how you get them. I will also be posting new discoveries as I figure them out. Also, discoveries are on a city bases, so you will have to earn it again for every new city. Go to this link to see which discoveries you have: elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Research/Discoveries

Gnome Brew

Action: Send 125 Advanced Spies or 150 Basic Spies to -513|-96 on the map.

Reward: Allows you to produce beer at a cheaper food cost (from 25 food to 20 food per beer).

Temple of Reason

This one isn't technically a discovery, but I put it in because... just because.

Conditions: Your library level has to be very low. A level 8 library is already too high for this.

Action: Send Advance Spies to 295|-165

Reward: Each advanced spy will reward you with 50 research points (it's not really worth the trouble, unless you're nearby.)

Famine Management

Action: Get 10th city.

Reward: +10% to food production in your Capital city.

Inquisitive Populace

Action: Complete Diplomatic Quests and this can randomly be achieved.

Reward: +2 Visibility for incoming hostile diplomats.

Block and Tackle

Action: Complete Trade Quests and this can randomly be achieved.

Reward: +20% harvesting speed for resources (doesn't say which ones though).

Racial Swords

Action: Build a Swordsmith

Reward: Varies by Race
Human - Traditional Sword
Elf   - Elven Sword
Dwarf - Dwarven Battle Axe
Orc   - Orcish Sword

Racial Steeds

Action: Research 20 Crafting Techs on the Tech Tree

Human - Battlebred
Elf   - Elven Throughbred
Dwarf - Dwarven Battle Mule
Orc   - Orc War Wolf

Allembine Research

Action: Gather the names of 20 Royal Ancestors by sending a spy (doesn't matter which level) to each of the statues. Some statues require you to send a spy to them first, and then send a spy to a secondary location to actually get the name.

1. Aldelbrecht    = -312|717
2. Asmorn        = -608|-189
3. Bjandar-Thegn = 910|-507
4. Braynard       = -102|1 then 949|-379
5. Burkhardt      = 429|-931
6. Eberekt        = 516|505
7. Ferhonanth     = -485|-736 then 669|794
8. Fridholt       = 652|-265 then -843|-310
9. Gunthar        = -4|10
10. Haestin       = -377|-104
11. Keldar        = 356|498
12. Lambercht     = -157|-298
13. Lindricht     = 471|228 then -711|674
14. Oddric        = 232|345
15. Osgaut        = 761|-892 then -39|-973
16. Raedborth     = -194|-687
17. Regindalt     = 719|365
18. Rikert        = 22|-85
19. Tormand       = -569|-91 then 136|855
20. Ulvelaik      = 399|-431

Reward: +5 Research Points per hour, per library level.

Heart of Corruption

Based off new information.

Action: Send 25 Advance Spies to a fortune teller (link to find her location: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NWun81o7dWAQCbpjT0Oo9TuDzrhFoKa8DCjt489XCm8/pubhtml). After they return from visiting her, send them to her again. Then collect 5 corrupted human tentacles, 5 corrupted elf tentacles, 5 corrupted dwarf tentacles, and 5 corrupted orc tentacles.

At this point on, it's pure speculation. Survive some sort of invasion and you get the blueprint.

Human - Master Crafted Chainmail
Elf   - Elven Spirit Bow
Dwarf - Dwarven Champion's Platemail
Orc   - Orc Marauder's Sword

Ancient Pattern Armour

No information on how to obtain this blueprint currently exists.

Build Cost: 50 Mana, 1 Platemail, 10 Gold, 1 Hide, 1 Basic Mineral, and 1 Earth Elemental.

Stats: +10 Cav Def, +10% Spear Def, +10% Bow Def, +5% Sword Def, +5 Move Speed, -8% in Arctic, -8% in Desert, and -8% in Jungle.

EDIT: Grammer

Edited by Arctic55 - 24 Aug 2014 at 06:23
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 06:35
nicely done, Arctic!
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 16:05
I would be willing to bet that the "ruinous onslaught" promised might let out some or all of the units which previously "disappeared without a trace".  Hence the advice to reinforce the city concerned. Hence the advice to get your friends to help defend the city.  Of course, until this happens, we'll never know!  I think one or two cities might just get destroyed before people understand just how many troops are required.  My guess is an awful lot of them.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 17:53
If the curse lets out all the previously destroyed units, you're talking about hundreds of thousands of melders. Possibly millions. It would be an insane but epic defense. Like condensing a half dozen tournament squares into a single castle assault.

Actually, that sounds like great fun.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 18:38
I wonder whether the devs have stress tested this on the server?  Remember all the armies left in the lurch on siege squares?
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 19:15
I wonder if Tavern building level has anything to do with succeeding in getting a tentacle?
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 15:44
Arctic, 

Due to numerous interruptions (sieges, exodus to broken lands, etc.) I have many cities with partially completed Allembine research and no idea which statues are missing. Is there any way to tell which ones you need to finish or must you do all of the treks over again in hopes of fulfilling the missing statue(s)?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance..Cry Dragonwort
Just another wrench in the works..
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 16:04
You can tell by the names you have unlocked on your Mystery screen, and comparing with this list:

http://arcanum-illyria.com/wiki/Heroic_Human_Statue
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 21:28
Oh well, that won't help I'm afraid...the mystery screen isn't the list I followed...I copied and pasted a list to my files, sent 6 cities at a time from that list and obviously missed some...AND nothing is "unlocked" on my mystery screen.

I assume from your answer that clicking on the circled dot causes a change in the "Mystery Statue Hunt List" or it changes once you visit the site?

All I have is two identical lists...one through twenty BUT I have newer cities that still need that mystery solved....soooo I'll solve it this time using the Illy Tools list. If I'm mistaken about this please let me know...Thanks Cry Dragonwort

Edited by Dragonwort - 21 Aug 2014 at 21:31
Just another wrench in the works..
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 00:59
I think he was referring to the in-game Mysteries page, which is accessed by mousing over the world map (tree) button, clicking on the list for quests and then on the mystery tab.

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Mysteries
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic