illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dilly Tools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 13:51
Congrats on the move Digioso Thumbs Up
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 14:09
Thanks. :)
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 13:34
The historical data view now works again!
You're able to view growth of alliancec and players as well as town movements, player name changes, alliance name changes and everything else that's related to that.
I started recording the data in July 2015. So obviously you cannot see anything earlier then that.
I also noticed that some dates seem to be not complete in my database. I'll remove and readd those entries.

Link: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/illy_history.pl

Edit: No data was missing. I was just confused by my own script. :P
It looked like that data for some players were missing because sometimes they weren't displayed in the alliance overview. But it makes sense - when a player leaves an alliance for a couple of days he's not displayed as being in the alliance obviously.

Edited by Digioso - 09 Mar 2016 at 21:41
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 21:14
The 'Show inactive Players' tool now also shows since when the player is active.
Thanks to Kodabear for the suggestion. :)

Also my whole website is now reachable via https. But since I'm using a free certificate (Let's encrypt) you may see warnings from your browser that the website may not be trusted. You can either trust the website (EG: by creating an exception) or use http instead.

Encrypted URL: https://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools
Normal URL: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools

Edited by Digioso - 22 Mar 2016 at 21:19
Dal Rath View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dal Rath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 22:56
Hi Digioso

Great work!  Is it open source? I'd like to contribute.
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 06:39
Hi Dal Rath,

thanks a lot. :)
It's not open source but if you want to contribute I'm sure there is a way. :)
Do you have something specific in mind?
Dal Rath View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dal Rath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 07:19
Well two things come to mind: it should be possible to diff consecutive daily downloads to detect changes and generate a digest, sort of like a daily newspaper - new players, city moves, pop changes etc.  Second, I'm curious why the location detection code takes so long to run. It's 2016 and the dataset is only a few hundred MB. It's got to be possible to optimize it down to interactive speeds.
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 08:24
Let's continue this via PM. :)
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 10:10
I've received my LattePanda now and finished setting it up.
A LattePanda is a mini-computer like a Raspberry Pi or like my old Odroid-U3, just a bit more powerful and it uses x86 Hardware which means that I don't have to bother anymore with many stuff (like watching videos in a webbrowser) not working on my ARM-based board.

What does that mean for you?
Well, since the LattePanda is more powerful it should also be able to work faster on the settlement spot search.
And I am happier because I can watch videos on it properly. :P
Clearly a Win-Win-Situation. :)
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 12:36
My settlement spot search is disabled for now.
You can queue searches but they will not be fullfilled for now.

There currently is an issue with the town data provided by the Illyriad devs.
It is no longer updated. The devs are working on this as confirmed by GM SC here.
Without accurate data the search doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Digioso - 12 Dec 2016 at 12:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic