illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DB in the Coalition War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 21:44
Originally posted by Caconafyx Caconafyx wrote:

So my question is simply this: How can you demand that the we fight with honour when you cannot conduct yourselves in an honourable manner yourselves?

Firstly, I know of at least three alliances on your side boasting about how they have spies in H? including Ditto.

Secondly, comparing having spies (which both sides have) to deliberately destroying entire alliances (which only one side is doing) is pretty out there.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 02:15
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Originally posted by Caconafyx Caconafyx wrote:

So my question is simply this: How can you demand that the we fight with honour when you cannot conduct yourselves in an honourable manner yourselves?

Firstly, I know of at least three alliances on your side boasting about how they have spies in H? including Ditto.

Secondly, comparing having spies (which both sides have) to deliberately destroying entire alliances (which only one side is doing) is pretty out there.
Being the leader of the head alliance in the coalition- You could change this circumstance if you so choose. 
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 05:02
So could you.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 05:30
I'd like  to add one thing about the infamous Hath post in our internal forums. We knew we had a spy from at least the beginning of the last war, and watching membership from that point on, we knew that the odds were highly probable that they remained.

We made some activities on our forum, and announced in AC and GC that they would be open to all. Permissions were changed. The Hath post is put up and leaked immediately. Events unfold, which oddly enough would not have had that post been not obtained. What would have occurred would have been a limited war with TVM. Instead others involved themselves, which again is odd if they believe they had scored an intelligence coup. as the post laid out fairly well what then came to pass.

Just something to think about...
"War is the father of all things..."
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 16:29
Addressing both Zenorra and Bellus- I suspect that war at that stage was inevitable.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 19:17
"spy" is like "bully", and has meaning only in an emotional context. the word says more about the player using it than the player to whom it's being applied.

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Nokigon, I understand now that Ryelle's settlement was perceived as an attempt to antagonize people.  What it was INTENDED to do was demonstrate that living peacefully in Mal Motsha was possible, thus reassuring folks in the Dominion that coexistence would not be such a bad thing.  Obviously backfired.

I think there is a lesson there for both sides about not over-reading other people's intentions.
regarding Ryelle's settlement, i recall an igm from Rill/Ryelle circulating almost immediately among the rooks beating the drum for a show of (military) solidarity vs TCol aggression. to say that inciting a confrontation in this way could somehow lead to a better understanding with TCol shows either a dangerous naivete or something less forthright.

edited to remove an allusion to rl parallels in the conversation following the initial igm mentioned, which, upon reflection, i believe were not WW2-related, but rather something closer to present day.

Edited by Angrim - 22 Mar 2014 at 19:55
Praetor Nistiner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetor Nistiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 20:30
Well Fought  i have HUGE  respect for the Coalition, And thank u for posting these  history for people to read Nokigon, it was very intresting  altho on the settlement dispute, i remember that  a  friend told me that the Ucrow member was not bothered by the towns presence but then out of no where ucrow wished the town to be removed and sent sieges against the town  out of no where, since i dont completely know the whole story  i cant say its true but if it is  its clear Ucrow  planned these conflict for sometime and did it on purpose since he knew Kale would react  aggressively  and ucrow would have grounds to declare war,  RE Likes Dittobite he is  a good and straight forward  guy he managed to make peace with zynot within hours   which  tamaeon failed in months.

I wish the coalition the best of luck, and everyone else including tamaeon Beer
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 20:42
The mail to which Angrim refers was a simple heads up to allies that there might be trouble in the wind.  Angrim's position regarding accommodation to the Dominion vs. my views on standing up against attempting to push players out of a specific region are well known and evidenced in map placement.  I respect Angrim's perspective although I do not now nor did I then agree with it.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 21:54
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

The mail to which Angrim refers was a simple heads up to allies that there might be trouble in the wind.  Angrim's position regarding accommodation to the Dominion vs. my views on standing up against attempting to push players out of a specific region are well known and evidenced in map placement.  I respect Angrim's perspective although I do not now nor did I then agree with it.
no, the one to which i refer was sent a few hours after. 19-JUN-2012. i'm sure you still have it; i suggest you reread it. if you can reconcile it to improving relations with TCol, i will be quite interested.

i've no desire to divert this thread further with a discussion of the merits of various ways of marking territory, so i will leave your implications unanswered. i am happy to argue them elsewhere; my purpose here is to keep this thread from standing as a revisionist history.
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 22:44
Originally posted by Nokigon<span id=07844ffc-c9eb-4bd4-a536-eda304588b2b ginger_software_uiphraseguid=0da72aaf-7634-43d4-89d8-5511e71de468 =GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark> Nokigon wrote:

Addressing both Zenorra and Bellus- I suspect that war at that stage was inevitable.

I think that is a fair speculation, Noki...
"War is the father of all things..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic