illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DB in the Coalition War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Zenorra View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zenorra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 16:54
As co-leader of TCol, I feel a responsibility to reply to this thread. We want Illy to know that Tacardi and I disagreed with robbrit's city placement and the reaction to it, however, we do not believe this was the sole reason for the war. This situation was just the last straw in a long history of disputes amongst alliances. 

As to Mal Motsha, yes, TCol considers it our home. Do we 'claim' it? No. We are aware of Kale's stance regarding this, and Tacardi and myself do not agree and have therefore changed the way we look at our neighbors. 

We would also like to recognize dittobite. He has been such a huge help to us and has extended the olive branch to the new and improved TCol. We thank him and look forward to a wonderful friendship.
Caconafyx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caconafyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 18:18
A common theme throughout many of these threads has been how previous wars have been fought with a degree of honour that the Coalition are purportedly not showing this time around.

So I would like to pick up on one thing from the OP and that is that information was leaked from EE's external forum. In the Consone War there were spies in EE's AC and now I am dismayed to hear that not only is that continuing but has extended to offsite forums. One could almost accept that an alliance member was being sat by someone from the other side. However to actually join our external forum with the sole intention of relaying information back to the opposition is repugnant and not worthy of this game and the vast majority of these players. Any credibility that Harmless? and her allies had has gone as far as I am concerned.

So my question is simply this: How can you demand that the we fight with honour when you cannot conduct yourselves in an honourable manner yourselves?

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 19:24
Thanks Zenorra -- and I want to say that Zenorra and TCol have conducted themselves forthrightly since peace was made, and I look forward to being good neighbors with them in the future -- and with DarkBlight and T-O as well.

Edited by Rill - 21 Mar 2014 at 19:36
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 20:11
Caconafyx-  the information on EE's forum was visible to all, whether you had logged in to the forum or not.

Spies are nothing new. vCrow has, and still refuses to identify, spies in TCol. I was also told that I had spies in my own alliance during the war- whilst no proof has ever come of this, and I'm still not sure how true the claim is, it serves to illustrate very nicely that spies were perpetrated by both sides (by the Grand Alliance more so than the Coalition, incidentally). I don't defend the practice, but it is a reality of war that has always been present. I also don't see much difference in having a spy in an AC or looking on a public forum... I actually think that the AC spy is worse.

Rill- the problem is this. You attempted to deliberately antagonise TCol, and very nearly managed to incite war a year and a half ago. This worried us, quite frankly, because it showed us how thin our relations with the Crows truly were. Our actions in removing the NAPs were designed to give you pause for thought and be more careful about antagonisms in the future... It seemed to be successful.

Incidentally, the claim that TCol claimed Mal Motsha is a fallacy. They claimed a section of Mal Motsha- which they were already dominant in.

Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 20:30
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Thanks Zenorra -- and I want to say that Zenorra and TCol have conducted themselves forthrightly since peace was made, and I look forward to being good neighbors with them in the future -- and with DarkBlight and T-O as well.

I always wondered if a joke that noone is going to actually grasp, is indeed worth saying ... if a humorous proposition inherently funny or is it proportionately humorous if and only if told within a specific context of a particular target group ...

I think it is the latter, so instead of the full detailed joke (which is an actual true story), I'll generalize it to avoid the whole issue and keep only the didactic part ... so I'll simply say that this reminds me of the time when the new Archbishop of Greece was elected and the leader of the leftist party (a known atheist), released an official statement on how happy and elated he was to see that particular choice of Archbishop and how fit he thought that he was for the position.

Sadly for him, the reaction of most believers was "if he has reason to like him, then we do not think that we will" and effective immediately, without the poor fellow doing anything, the new Archbishop's veracity was damaged from day one ...

The epimyth of that tale is :
Showing some restrain on the public shows of affection of your former enemies might be a wiser choice than you think. Wink

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 20:47
Nokigon, I understand now that Ryelle's settlement was perceived as an attempt to antagonize people.  What it was INTENDED to do was demonstrate that living peacefully in Mal Motsha was possible, thus reassuring folks in the Dominion that coexistence would not be such a bad thing.  Obviously backfired.

I think there is a lesson there for both sides about not over-reading other people's intentions.  With regard to exclusive claims, TCol most certainly had an exclusive claim on their alliance page to a specific area for some time.  In fact Ryelle's city was not in Mal Motsha proper but in part of the "invisible square" claimed by TCol.  It was located at 651/-73, a location at which there is a TCol city -- which apparently is not "too close" to its neighbors.

The fact is that settling a city at that distance should NOT have been a provocation to anyone.  The fact that it was taken as such was the problem that I saw with Dominion policies.

And Deranzin, if people dislike me so much that they dislike people simply because I express something positive about them, then I think that really says a lot more about such people than it does about me.  Haters are gonna hate, as they say.
Zenorra View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zenorra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 20:52
Yep! We had, and probably still have spies in TCol. We've accepted that. I only hate the part where our AC chat was shared and our smack talk hurt some of our enemies feelings. We had nicknames for a couple of the enemy players, but they should really take it as a compliment! We only created nicknames because they were kicking our .... uh, 'behinds'! hehehe!
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bansisdead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 21:07
I'm a TCol spy
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 21:29

I think Ryelle intended it more as nonviolent resistance

Nokigon, I understand now that Ryelle's settlement was perceived as an attempt to antagonize people.

These two statements do not add up. 

If it was intended as "resistance" then you knew it would antagonize people when you did it - deliberately so.

"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 21:42

And Deranzin, if people dislike me so much that they dislike people simply because I express something positive about them, then I think that really says a lot more about such people than it does about me.  Haters are gonna hate, as they say.

If this is what you understood, then it sure was a wasted story, at least on you  Cry ... hopefully other people did read the post and the epimyth in the way it was actually written (which is : in general) and didn't specifically center it around them, like you did ...

Btw, in the story the believers didn't dislike the leftist leader at all (he is after all leading in the national polls atm), they just understood the simple logic of the matter : that atheists expressing elation over religious figures is just plain "fishy" ...

In the same manner, I have expressed many times that this sudden love and affection for the people you (plural) destroy is, indeed, something that I find perplexing, to use a soft word ... for example I have no added sympathy for people that think that sending a load of basic resources will make up for the loss of 98% of my account and I see that effort for what it is ... which is  something to make them feel better and altruistic and nothing more ... Wink

In my book I vastly prefer the people that destroyed me and send me nothing ... which accounts for the tale's epimyth as well ... Smile

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic