illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

“Community rules” & Harvesting.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Greywolf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: “Community rules” & Harvesting.
    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 18:24
I’ve been in Illy about 3 years but came across a situation I’m not sure of. Happened to see a decent spot with a good food dolmen and two nearby squares with grapes maybe 3 to 5 squares from the dolmen. No cities even near within 10 squares. Watched a little and saw no one harvesting. I’m tired of sending cotters all over the map after unclaimed grapes so this was too tempting. I sent an underdeveloped village on a two day exodus to the spot. So last night vans show up and start harvesting both grape squares. Still there and my village should land today. I don’t know how long they’ve been harvesting there and don’t know if they still will if they see my village arrive but it begs the question. If they decided to keep harvesting the spot since they were harvesting there first, would it be valid in most people’s view or not? After all, I went to the trouble of moving a village to stake a claim and they didn’t.
General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 19:16
I say since you went through the trouble of moving the village they shouldn't be able to keep harvesting. If they do I would bump/kill the gathers. 

Edited by General Lacesso - 04 Mar 2019 at 19:16
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 19:47
no-one cares about cotters bump or kill.  Killing skinners, herbalists or miners is an arrestable offense! I wouldn't worry too much about dwarven miners, human skinners or elf herbalists as racially speaking they are cheaper.
Greywolf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 02:44
Thanks for the feedback. Situation caught me a bit off guard.
Rootbound View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 04:01
I tend to think of it as a vacant lot until a city shows up. The owner of the city then has first claim on the grapes.

Also human skinners are ful price, orc skinners are only 5 hides per skinner. Human advantage is cotters collect 7 per hour instead of 5.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic