illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Combat on Buildings terrain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 13:11
Unaffiliated players are very unlikely to fall under attack in Illyriad, as long as they respect conventions like the 10 square rule and harvesting rights. There is minimal value to attacking cities for resources in this game.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 20:10
The discussions we're having are hypothetical.  We're talking about what COULD happen.  In fact, it's very unlikely to happen.

Defense against sieges is one factor to consider when placing a city, but there are a lot of other ones as well.  Most players go through years in Illy without being sieged.
Whistlemist View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistlemist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 12:32
All good food for thought. Thanks for the detailed replies! Smile
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 15:34
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Most players go through years in Illy without being sieged.

Unless nCrow decide they settled in the wrong place.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 18:21
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Most players go through years in Illy without being sieged.

Unless nCrow decide they settled in the wrong place.

I don't recall a situation in which nCrow has sieged a player for settling in the wrong place.  In fact, nCrow has a long track record of coexisting peacefully with neighbors.

There was one situation in which a leader of nCrow rashly sent a siege to a player who had settled on a square that he had marked with a nearby army indicating he intended to settle there.  The sieges were recalled, that leader was demoted and left nCrow.  We apologized to the player, who apparently did not hold the situation against us because about a year later he decided to join our alliance.

I do recall a player, Malpherion, who left VIC and joined Harmless? because he was in a dispute with a player over cities that had been settled near him.  VIC would not allow him to siege the player over a settlement dispute, but Harmless? approved those sieges.

So in terms of sieging players because one has decided they settled in the wrong place, I think KillerPoodle may be confused in his characterization of which alliances do this.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 18:23
I'd also like to add that both of the situations described above are quite rare, which goes to my original point that the vast majority of Illy players go through their entire Illy lives without being sieged.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 22:50
I think Rill left her sense of humour at home today.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 23:29
I beg your pardon, I didn't realize you were joking.

In that case ...

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic