Topic ClosedBegging For Dummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 14:30
Originally posted by Iduna Iduna wrote:

I never found begging a good thing, people tend to forget (especially the vets) how they had to struggle in the beginning. We never had help like the new players are getting these days. IMO it is creating an atmosphere in which new players can get their hands on whatever they need without having to do much for it....hence the creation of newbee alliances without proper experience and getting into wars with eachother.....just because they are fed the res they need whenever they hold their hands up.

Dont get me wrong, I support helping out new players but there are proper training alliances for same, if I ever catch a member of my alliance begging for resources in GC I would certainly slap him/her on the fingers. I think it makes an alliance look bad if they cannot provide for their own members......yes I do believe there are moments where there are no others online but thats where patience kicks in. 

This game is a slow start yes, and getting a bit of help never hurt anyone but recently it seems that this new player help has become more like a must then a favour.

just ventilating here, I have done same on GC when I see this spiraling out of control.

a lot might not agree, but the new player base has to be carefully handled and guided, not let loose with unlimited res at hand without having the sweat, blood and tears put into it like most of us had to in the beginning. The getting of res clouds the carefull use of same because they can get more whenever they want.

+1

Edit: put a ! instead of a 1

Edited by Kurfist - 16 Sep 2011 at 14:30
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Yso Sris View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 04:47
Could I get 150k everything plz someone to get siege workshop to lv 17?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 04:52
You're going to need to tell them your in-game name, Molg.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic