illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battle Calculation with Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 02:05
The main issues with using equipment tend to be economic ones- equipment is rather expensive in large quantities, especially when you'll lose most of it attacking and then any that does survive may be collected by your enemies.

If you have deep pockets, then yeah. equipment makes sense.... if you don't then it should be used sparingly when it will have the most impact.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 02:19
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

The main issues with using equipment tend to be economic ones- equipment is rather expensive in large quantities, especially when you'll lose most of it attacking and then any that does survive may be collected by your enemies.

If you have deep pockets, then yeah. equipment makes sense.... if you don't then it should be used sparingly when it will have the most impact.

... but the bigger the score you're augmenting the more the economics work for you. Remember that the bonus is not just bigger kill ratios but smaller armies too - equipment has no maintenance cost - and faster recovery times - you can make equipment in parallel to building troops. Kill and craft your own stuff - keeps you busy while waiting for the paint to dry.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 03:04
So, to use your example of the knight on mountains:
A knight at current centrum prices costs 3237
A mountain spear costs 8200 and gives a 60% bonus
Therefore a mountain spear removes the need to spend 1942.2 on knight building equipment.
This leaves 6257.8 in cost from the spear.
Now, assuming you have a 50% cost reduction on troop upkeep, a knight costs 2 per hour in upkeep.
Therefore a equipping a knight with a spear is worth it if the knight you would be equipping it to was around for 3129 hours or more.... which is over 130 days.... 

If you do the same but with elite divisions used, then that figure falls to just under 90 days.

Not really worth it imo.

You may have faster recovery times but if you are at war then you can't be spending troops hunting meaning you need to buy the ingredients to make the equipment... meaning you need deep pockets.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Sene View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 03:31
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

I'm sorry to disagree but you do NOT multiply the equipment bonus by the terrain bonus.

I'm not too sorry to disagree with you, Hucbold, for the debates give birth to the truth:) I take it you will not believe my words if I just say "you are wrong". So let's post our battle reports and see whose method works better. I'd love to see my fails if there are any, but up to this date i've made virtually thousands  victorious hunting runs with 1 survivor, about 10 with zero survivors, which showed calculations worked perfectly right.

Let me start wtih posting this one, made the day before yesterday. I'll make few more and you make some too, lets compare them

Sene View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 03:40

The main issues with using equipment tend to be economic ones

In hunting crafted is only used on commanders, troops are never equipped. Not sure about PvP but I'd say it must be some extremely desperate situation to use thousands of equipment units to loose in a single battle. Well, unless one is defending a town. But generally I guess no one casres to equip troops too, far too expensive. Remeber "Brave Heart"? "Send Irish first: arrows cost money, Irish cost nothing". Well, this cynical approach rules Illy too: troops cost pennies, whyequip[ them you you could just use more troops
Sene View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 07:03
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

I'm sorry to disagree but you do NOT multiply the equipment bonus by the terrain bonus. 

That's a fresh one. 4 commanders, 3 elite, 1 non-elite. Pres bonus on top to make calcs a bit more complex, but no biome. PLainsman gear, heavy horses, Heroism 10, Charge 15 for all. Ifyou could provide your calculations Hucbold I'd be most curious to learn them. And if you could provide one of your battle reports that illustrate your outcome prediction skill - I'd be both most curious and most grateful too:)

Great lucks and good hunting, pals
Sene View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 07:12
ah, not sure why those images become so blurry after upload... Anyone could advise anything here plz?

this one looks a bit better i guess..
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 14:19
Originally posted by Sene Sene wrote:

No, Dabrelis, hit points loss is equal to troops losses percentage. 23% losses mean 23 HP loss for all commanders in the army. Levels, experience, skills or anything but loss rate matter not. Hence here commanders lost 100 HP

If they had only 100 HP to start with, they would be dead?
Is that what you are saying?
Sene View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 20:42
Originally posted by Dabrelis Dabrelis wrote:

If they had only 100 HP to start with, they would be dead?
Is that what you are saying?

Totally true:)
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 21:33

Therefore a equipping a knight with a spear is worth it if the knight you would be equipping it to was around for 3129 hours or more.... which is over 130 days.... If you do the same but with elite divisions used, then that figure falls to just under 90 days.

Mountain spears are relatively expensive. There are a number of items that are sufficiently economical on offense for elite divisions, and a few that make sense for medium sized armies. The same applies to defensive field armies.

As pointed out, the economics of city defense are different because of the 100% recovery rate. This is reflected in the cost of wolf fur for pikes, for example.

I believe that many players gather, hunt, and craft with their alt(s).
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic