illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amnesty Offer to SHARK Players, January 29-31

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amnesty Offer to SHARK Players, January 29-31
    Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 16:27
Due to the strategic nature of the current war and the fact that our declaration was not based on a grievance, SIN has afforded SHARK players who wish to leave the war lenient surrender terms. Now that the opening round of the war is coming to a close, SIN would like to extend a general amnesty offer to any enemy combatants in SHARK who wish to leave the war. This is an opportunity for SHARK members who are disenchanted with the war to leave and not be targeted in the future through SIN's Persistent Pursuit Policy during or after the war.

Stipulations for the amnesty include the following:

• You must cease all hostilities with SIN, effective immediately.

• You must leave SHARK and remain out of the alliance until the end of the war.

• You are prohibited from joining VIC or any other alliance aiding and abetting SHARK or that are diplomatically allied with them.

• If you have cities in Newlands, they must be exodused back to Elgea.

For players with cities in Newlands, amnesty will only be officially recognized once the first city is in exodus.

This offer will remain open until midnight server time on February 1st. After amnesty closes, surrender terms from this point forward will become increasingly stringent. Any questions may be directed to SIN leadership. Thank you.

Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 16:59
Am I clear on this??
Sin started a war for no particular reason, and those that defended themselves from attack, you are offering amnesty for defending themselves and retaliation for attacking their cities?? And feel you can control where they can live now...?
That's kinda messed up... bloated egos maybe?

Edited by Diva - 29 Jan 2016 at 17:12
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:17
I currently have no skin in this war... and I hope it stays that way.  

I believe Jejune and SIN are going to try to capitalize on players who aren't particularly excited to see their work being undone in this war and may want to turn tail and run without suffering any further losses.  It is a WIN-WIN for SIN and anyone who accepts the offer and only a potential loss for SHARK.  It will be a test of an individual's loyalty to the SHARK alliance and self-interest in maintaining what they have built in the game.  In all a wise offer at this point in time, anyone that flees the battle is one less opponent for SIN.

Did SHARK develop the devout loyalty that we all suspect has been made among the members of SIN? The social engineering side of the game can make up ground against an opponent without ever having to put armies on the move...

Good luck to all.

Wartow

Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:24
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

Am I clear on this??
Sin started a war for no particular reason, and those that defended themselves from attack, you are offering amnesty for defending themselves and retaliation for attacking their cities?? And feel you can control where they can live now...?
That's kinda messed up... bloated egos maybe?

Umm wasn't WoT looking for a merger with SIN last week? Guess that's not on the table anymore Wink
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:29
Well yeah Diva. We know you like to comment on things you are not part of, so I suggest you join either Shark or VIC and then comment. Throwing comments from the peanut gallery helps nothing. This seems to me to be an offer to Shark members. Read the post more closely next time. This war seems to be about players having fun. A door has been opened for those who are not. Simple enough to understand.
Kaggen is my human half
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:33
 rofl, Tink, that was in house humor from the lowly Hothlings.. they got their daily dose of rant from me when I learned of the disobedience....
But jokingly (when I learned it was) it still wasn't humorous.
Fyzz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fyzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:36
On one side, I fail to see how terms can be much more stringent than those those, but I am sure I will find out after they have captured/raised all my towns in Newlands - can't see much point surrendering before then following that announcement :P

On the other, I wonder who will be next after they achieve their goal.

Maybe people will start to see what kind of game SIN want to play

Fyzz

PS - my thoughts alone not necessarily SHARK

Edited by Fyzz - 29 Jan 2016 at 17:38
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane DarkMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:38
@Dive, it is not ridiculous for the side that is winning the war to offer lenient terms to those who surrender at any given point.  If anything it is gracious of SIN to offer the option, not indicative of "bloated egos".  
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:40
"Well yeah Diva. We know you like to comment on things you are not part of, so I suggest you join either Shark or VIC and then comment."
I don't speak for either btw. and of course, my opinion or yours speaks only to ourselves. Why you arguing with ME? rofl.
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane DarkMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 17:53
It would be more indicative of bloated egos to do what SHARK threatened at the beginning of the war.  They said that surrender would not be an option for SIN.  Offering surrender with few terms when SIN is clearly winning, and not by small margins, is much more reasonable and even, dare I say, kind.  The level of sportmanship it indicates far surpasses what would be allowed under an alliance that actually had bloated egos.  So Diva, please find someone else to troll.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic