illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All hail my Queen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All hail my Queen
    Posted: 24 May 2016 at 14:13
I woke up today morning and looked at Her. Admired Her beauty, went on my knees and worshipped Her.
Eager am I waiting for Her to open Her eyes to look at me, Her unworthy servant.
One long year again did I care for Her, gave Her whatever she demanded of me. Waited for Her to open Her eyes again.
I watered Her, fed Her, gave my blood and sweat, ordered Her beautiful sprouts, admired Her little thorns. My life belongs to Her. If she demanded of me, I gave Her whatever it was, be it water, fresh earth or fertiliser.
A few more hours and She will open three of Her eyes and gazes upon me, looks into my soul and all. And I will admire and worship Her, as I have done in the past. Two more of Her beautiful eyes are still growing. She will hopefully open them as well to look at the world, Her world.

All hail my Queen!

Now I will allow you to gaze upon what will become Her eyes. Admire them together with me, fever together with me. Look at Her, the most beautiful being that has ever existed, exists, or will ever exist.

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 17:39
Digi is breeding the Heart of Corruption in the real world.  Run! Run for your lives!

Looking good Digi.
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 17:43
It does remind me of Audrey.
I am a Machine.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 18:08
Creepy!
Did it start calling you Seymour already?

Edited by Halcyon - 24 May 2016 at 18:10
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 19:57
Pah! Nothing creepy.
Look at Her now! Look at Her eyes!

Complete gallery of pictures from 2015 and 2016: http://www.digioso.com/cgi-bin/gallery.pl?gal=koenigin
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 20:36
All hail the Queen!

For the benefit of non-German speakers too scared to copy-paste the German words into google, I believe that this wikipedia page may be of interest...

A more flowery name, and literal translation of the German, for the cactus is Queen of the Night, which is also, apparently, a character in the Mozart Opera The Magic Flute, who can be found singing a bit like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_d6_N7d3k - in an Opera House near you!

Thank you *very much* Digioso!
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 21:02
You're welcome. :)

Selenicereus grandiflorus would be the correct botanical name which is the only "true" Queen of the Night.
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 21:13
It took me only six years until she started to bloom for the first time.
Now she's getting more and more blossoms every year. This year she has five in total and it was the first time that more than one was open at the same time.

My parents needed 15 years to get the first blossom. But they have a really huge and old one now that has 10+ blossoms open at the same time for several days in a row.

Important to say: The name "Queen of the Night" comes from the fact that she only blooms at night and each blossom only for one night. So they open in the evening (full bloom usually starts between 8-10pm for me normally) and on the next morning they are closed again. Each blossom only opens once and only for one night.
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 22:43
Cactus flowers are truley one of Earths great beauties. I have dozens of them (not Queens Of The Night, but San Pedro Peruvianus') and have been waiting for 18 years so far for them to flower.

Thanks for sharing Digi :-)
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 07:46
This is either an Illyriadian Desert Flame (Thundercatus Veryhairius), or, if it starts demanding food from Seymour, its an Audrey 2.
If it talks to you, we're all doomed.
Respect for having the patience. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic