illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAge of Ascent?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age of Ascent?
    Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 20:58
So the devs are working on another game called Age of Ascent...  Just wish we could hear more about it because it seems weird that it has not been announced here in the Illy forums since they have such a captive audience of gamers!

Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 21:15
I'm sort of surprised no one stumbled across it sooner, since Luna posted a few things there at the end of June.  That's quite a while to fly under the radar.  Then again, if people get the idea that it's the reason we've heard very little about progress with Broken Lands...
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 21:34
Early days still, so not much to say just yet. If you are interested though I'd say keep an eye on the forums over there because we aren't gonna use the Illy forums to discuss Age of Ascent.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 22:16
LUNA LIVES!

Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 23:16
I can't head off into the skies! The last time I tried my wings melted. It's a good thing I landed on a fluffy, over-sized Orc!
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 23:45
It's probably the main reason this game has had nothing new since I joined almost a year ago. Which is a bad sign in my opinion; perpetual games like this generally need new content every few months to maintain and grow their player base. Which may be why this game has had a net loss of about 20% of its accounts since mid-March. Data source: http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/home.html

Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 02:55
Originally posted by Llyr Llyr wrote:

It's probably the main reason this game has had nothing new since I joined almost a year ago.
possibly.  i'd like to think Broken Lands has something to do with it as well.
Taelin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 08:00
My understanding is that they have 'separate teams' working on the games. Personally I would much rather that the devs take their time and do what they are doing with BL properly. The measured and thoughtful approach taken so far has resulted in a remarkable game - naturally imperfect in some ways - but far more interesting than anything else of a similar nature on the market. 

So far they have demonstrated an admirable indifference to the baying mob or perhaps rather more accurately the baying vocal minority. Is it really necessary to have shiny new toys every few months? This fall in the number of players is being trotted out regularly - assuming it is accurate what does it mean? what was the position this time last year? and rather more importantly to the business is it reflected in a reduced purchase of prestige?

Perhaps even, dare one countenance it, some of the devs have taken a holiday during the summer! (If this suggestion is considered libellous I will happily withdraw it) 

twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:07
from what i read they are writing code in blocks that can be used between several games..they also experimenting with cloud servers...these guys are on the cutting edge and as gamers we should all be proud to be involved in their prototype game....i cant wait for release of ageofascent!
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:29
This sounds absurd to me. They are not finished developing Elgea - tons of planned game content  still await implementation.
They have begun the developement of Broken Lands (which I thought was somewhat untimely when they had farfrom finished their ongoing project but  hey...) and now they begin a third project not even having made any progress in Elgea for well over a year.

I am very dissappointed in this, I had thought the devs would show a little more consideration and respect to the players who have patiently waited for them to do some work on Elgea for years now.

"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic