illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adopt-A-Newb Program Launched!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Turgon of Rhavenia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adopt-A-Newb Program Launched!
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 21:53
Hey everyone
I play a couple other online games and one had a program called the adopt a newb program. Basically a newb would fill out a form and send it to a person. If you wanted to mentor someone you would also send in a form. That person would then try to connect each newb to a mentor.
I'm hoping this will be yet another way to include newbs in the game and get them active.

More info, such as the actual forms will be provided shortly. I'd like to keep thus nonpartisan so prospective mentors, please try to keep your personal beliefs about the ongoing war(s) out unless the newb wants you to.

Thank y'all for reading this far and have a good day.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 21:58
If you would like to be mentored please fill put the following form and IGM it to me. (Turgon) If the question is starred please fill it out, the others are optional.

Real Life Name:

Real Life Age:

What would you like to do in illy? Military, Craft, Trade, etc*

What are you looking for in a mentor? Female, male, trade minded, war lord/lady, etc*

What are your commitment/activity levels? Are ypi going to check once a day, twice a day, etc*

If you would like to mentor a newb please fill out the following form and IGM it to Turgon. Thank you! Again, if it's starred please fill it out, the others are optional.

Real Life Age:

Real Life Name:

What is your area(s) of expertise? Military, Trade, Etc.*

What are you looking for in a newb?*

What are your activity/commitment levels?*
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:08
Interesting Idea, but is needing someone's irl name actually important for a video game?
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:18
True,
I'll change that.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:34
EDITED FORMS

If you would like to be mentored please fill put the following form and IGM it to me. (Turgon)

What would you like to do in illy? Military, Craft, Trade, etc

What are you looking for in a mentor? Female, male, trade minded, war lord/lady, etc

What are your commitment/activity levels? Are ypi going to check once a day, twice a day, etc

If you would like to mentor a newb please fill out the following form and IGM it to Turgon. Thank you! Again, if it's starred please fill it out, the others are optional.

What is your area(s) of expertise? Military, Trade, Etc.

What are you looking for in a newb?

What are your activity/commitment levels?

How/Why are you qualified to be a mentor?
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:05
No. I don't think so.Thumbs Down

New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 14:09
What do you mean?
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 00:26

What is your area(s) of expertise? Military, Trade, Etc.
Asshattery and trade.

What are you looking for in a newb? 
Decent levels of activity and intelligence
Ability to cope with prolonged periods of time around me (is that asking for too much?)

What are your activity/commitment levels?
Unhealthy

How/Why are you qualified to be a mentor?
Am an asshat of the highest order and ran Illyriad's first bank
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 04:25
Lol, hey Eeowan,
Can you IGM me that? Makes it easier for me
Ser Sigis The Dread View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ser Sigis The Dread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:20
I have seen these programs in other games as well. Great idea for Illyriad I think. The community is already such a nice one this would be a welcomed addition. As a noob to Illyriad I am trying to unbiased as possible. These programs have had success before. There is a popular MMORPG that uses a mechanic like this built in-game. They actually have a mentor program and everything.

Expect a IGM from me sometime soon. That is if you still are accepting applications. 

Thank you for taking the time to make this. An as always I appreciate the time and effort into making such posts!

~Ser Sigis The Dread (Sig or Sigis if you prefer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic