illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abandonned city preveting Tenaril

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lasombra View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasombra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abandonned city preveting Tenaril
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 09:33
Hello everyone,

As a new player, I've been trying to find a good spot for my second city to Tenaril to, and then exodus my capital close to it.

I have found such a spot, borderline perfect in fact, but I can't use the spell for the following reason :
"There are players within 10 squares of your intended destination who are neither in your alliance nor confederated with your alliance, and who either have logged in during the last 7 days, or have a population greater than zero and have logged in within the last 4 weeks - and this prevents you from moving.

These players are: Bon Moonfist (Abandoned) located at [873|-2667] in Farshards"

So I have a few questions :
1) Almost every veteran I talked to about this told me that an abandoned account should NOT block the spell, yet it appears it does, was it a recent change ?
2) As a new player, I can't see the big picture, but I can't figure out why would my city placement be hindered by an already deleted account. It's already hard enough to find a good spot as it is, having a dead account blocking me is quite frustrating I must say. Would anyone care to explain to me why it is necessary ?
3) Beside taking or razing the city, can anything be done about it ? Should I just wait as it will stop blocking the spell after a period of time, and if so, how long ?

Thanks in advance for your help, this whole settling stuff is confusing.
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 00:34
The account's status as being abandoned has no bearing on whether it will block your your tenaril spell or not.  It's the last time the player logged into the account that determines whether it will block city movement within 10 squares of it's cities.  Until the account has gone more 30 days without logging in, it's considered active and will block even thought the owner of the account has made it known he's no longer playing the account by abandoning.  How long you'd have to wait depends on when the last time the player logged into the account.  Since the growth charts are not currently working, it's hard to pint that down to an exact date.  It appears he may have abandoned on March 26th as that is the date he left his alliance (something that frequently coincides with abandoning).  If that is correct, you would have to wait until April 26th for the account to become inactive; at which point it'll no longer block.  It would seem your best option is to find someone who can raze the city for you.
Lasombra View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasombra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 08:48
Thank you for the clarification. I believe one point that you did not address in your answer is the simple question : should it be that way ? Is there any reason behind allowing an abandoned account to prevent a new player from settling near him ? For a 5+year veteran, a few weeks doesn't matter and having contacts everywhere allows you to raze cities easly, but for a newb like me, having to wait 4 weeks to settle from the newb ring and finding someone to raze a city for me without joining their alliance... Let's just say we aren't exactly playing on an even field. So it does seem a bit unfair.
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:25
If you ask in GC you might find someone quite quickly who will be willing to raze the town for you. That's what I did when I was a newbie.

I don't see any particular reason why it should be this way. If you feel strongly about it create a support petition about it and IGM GM Cerberus... but beware that this is not a fast option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic