Topic ClosedAbandon Cities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abandon Cities
    Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 03:41
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to voluntarily evacuate and abandon cities with less than 100 or even 10 population? It seems to that a player should be able to evacuate a city if the population is sufficiently low. 

I bring this up because of how many times I've had to help new players resettle their second city due to poor choices of settling location. 

Anyone else have thoughts about this? 
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 04:06
I like the idea.  But I feel something like this would be abused to often.  

Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 04:22
There's usually people willing to help with a quick raze. The player can demolish the buildings to 0, and it's pretty much over.
Gon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 06:15
I was wondering how a player would abuse it too. Easily abandoning a city could be a way to troll other players i guess, but in reality I don't see many ways to abuse it. I'd like to hear other's opinions on how it could be abused. I think most players they wouldn't ever need it and in the end that might mean that there isn't enough need for a change in gameplay mechanics. 

It sometimes isn't easy to find a nearby player to siege your city for newer players. Also not everyone is willing to siege a town on a budget that a newer player can afford. I've done a couple for nearby players, but sadly not within a decent range for me to help them.   Cry   Wink
blazingwolfeyes View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 06:52
siege and raze or capture requires using expensive troops and time better served in the game than to clear out a poor location choice. the only exploit is to use your alt because even a good friend is likely to refuse if there is any distance to travel for the seige and city raze.
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 10:25
I think if the devs would set the limit to 0 pop, it would still be a great help. Demolition is researched rather early, so shouldn't be too much a problem.

The biggest problem I see, is the nonsense of not being able to siege within alliance, causing some players to jump in and out of alliance like mad.

Abandoning cities could perhaps solve some of that jumping around...

PS: I still have one or two unused siegeengines left, if you have towns you want to see razed...

Edited by Hora - 22 Feb 2013 at 10:29
Unidentified View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 16:40
Awesome post. Yes, as a new person I have already made this mistake twice. I have settled. And am waiting for that person to log in and destroy my town. I keep getting spammed with mail (every hour or so) saying that my town is ready to fall... In the mean time, I can't resettle this second city. This has been going on for one week, sitting at 4 population!

I am just praying for that stray arrow, or perhaps a strong breeze of wind to blow through and finish the job itself and destroy my pitiful weakened town...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic