illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A newbs guide to: Recruitment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BBC View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A newbs guide to: Recruitment
    Posted: 19 May 2014 at 16:57
Hello everyone!

This is a little list for recruitment that I think all newbies who are interested in alliances should follow and I know a lot of alliances will have something like this but I just wanna put it out there abit more.
Also if your new to this game please ,please ,please read this! as these are something's I personally have dealt with and would love if you avoided these simple things. so lets get started.

Firstly please do not, what so ever, send a message like "I haz join plz thnk" no ,just no, this is wrong! This shows alliance recruiters that you haven't made much thought on this mail and maybe just don't care.  So please speak properly (  don't make fun of my awful spelling ;) and use punctuation because really, how long will that coma cost you?  Personally if you do this I will ask follow up questions just to make sure your worth my coma's ;)

If you complete the first trial than congratulations, you made it :D So secondly if you ask nicely than you may be invited BUT do not, I repeat, do not send that same mail to five alliances and join the fastest invite. Please don't be that person. See as a alliance leader when I hear someone wants to join it gives me a little fuzzy feeling inside and you don't know how dis-heartened it is when you immediately join another alliance 5 minutes after we send a invite. If you don't wanna join just say, do not be afraid to do so, we would rather hear that over nothing

Congratulations to all who made it this far, you really are something of value to us. However the third rule is if you don't like a alliance just tell leadership you don't wanna be in the alliance anymore or tell leadership what change you would like the alliance to make, as any feedback is very helpful. Don't randomly leave a alliance just tell us, we may be big but we really are just little fluffy kitty cats.

So that's it so far and well done if you did this, this is just my experience of recruitment. Any alliance who would love to add to my list please leave it in the comments below as anything will be helpful. That's all from me today and I would love to do more " A newbs guide to:"  with just little rules and tips if anyone's interested in helping out but I know there are already many who do stuff like this.

That's all today folks and Happy Hunting my little newbies :)
BlackBloodedChampion
"Will Work for War"
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 17:31
Well done BBC! I look forward to seeing your future newb's guides.
Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 17:45
"...because really, how long will that coma cost you?" hahaha!

I'm sorry, I just could not help myself! The end of that first paragraph killed me...

On a more constructive note, you may wish to add something in about there being no rush to join an alliance. The process really begins before even sending an IGM, with learning which alliances you will fit into best. Getting to know those you will be aligning yourself with is very important, and the results of skipping this step can often ruin your Illyriad experience.

edit:: clarity

Edited by Lyken - 19 May 2014 at 17:49

BBC View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 19:06
thanks rill, il think of something ;)  and I knew I missed something Lyken, wrapped my brain trying to remember that one ;)
BlackBloodedChampion
"Will Work for War"
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 22:47
Considering that the following application got me into the number one (back then) alliance when I was a small player, the only good advice is this : Be nice and be honest Smile

"Hello, 

I am sending you this letter to apply for admission to your alliance. I am a regular player in Illyriad (I log in at least thrice a day) and have been playing the game for almost a year with somewhat good results even if I say so myself. I have been a member of Tranquil Vision and stayed with it even at its times of trouble, but since the alliance is heading towards disbandment I find myself in search of another peaceful alliance which suits my playstyle and, hopefully I will suit theirs. Of what I read in the Harmless resume, both of those conditions appear to be true, but of the latter you will be the judge of.

The addition of the signature makes something of an automated resume, I'd guess, but I believe that I do fulfill most of the typical requirements to be considered as an applicant. As a character now, I tend to be helpful of others (especially new players, even those in training alliances with no affiliation with my own) and more or less jovial and easy-going. 

I will be looking forward to your reply,
Deranzin."

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
AmosCB View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmosCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 02:33
I like this.    :)  I have been trying to share the newbi guide that I got and have added to to it a bit...
but the bit about looking and learning who you propose to join with is real.   and as to being informative to the "leaders"   Good ideas..  We if still living are all suseptable to learning occaisionally

Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 05:23
This is great!
How about a guide for alliances trying to recruit?  What did you appreciate as a newb?  What would you want an alliance to do for you?
Keep up the good work!
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 14:32
nice guide
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic