illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A New Approach To Peace, Version 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A New Approach To Peace, Version 2.0
    Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 04:09
Kudos to Arctic for his thread.  His original post was as follows:
I honestly am sick and tired of all your consistant bickering (so-and-so did that, he did this, she said that). So I'm going to try something else. All ten alliances at war with H? offer a white peace and both sides agree to forgive and make up. I don't care how you make up, I'll leave that in your hands.

For the price of peace, I am willing to pay each alliance the total of the following:

Total---Item Name--------Per alliance

440 Silversteel Chain (44 per alliance)
1,100 Silversteel Spear (100 per alliance)
330 Silversteel Swords (30 per alliance)
77k Normal Horses (7k per alliance)
2,200 Adventurer's Swords (200 per alliance)
1,100 Bone Handled Swords (100 per alliance)
1,100 Scimitar Swords (100 per alliance)
7,700 Marksman Bows (700 per alliance)
2,200 Duelling Spears (200 per alliance)
660 Jungle Spears (60 per alliance)
110 Barbarian Swords (10 per alliance)
110 War Bows (10 per alliance)
88 Tridents (8 per alliance)
7,700 Heave Platemail (700 per alliance)

I will need leaders of all 11 alliances (Dark Brotherhood, The Western Group, NAAM-Alliance, Freelancer, nCrow, Insane Knight, Victrix, Dark Empire, Valiant Crows, Eagles Eyrie, and Harmless) to agree here in this forum and peace to be accepted by both sides before items listed above will be dispatched.

Note: Yes, that is pretty much my whole warehouse plus all my gold (bought stuff for this list) but I expect no payment from anybody for this act if it works. I just want to end this freakin war.

Another note: I have no political power what-so-ever, I just want to end this war.
___

Like Arctic, I'm not involved in this war.
Also like Arctic, I'm sick of it.
Additionally, I do not like the tone that the war has taken.
Players hunted to extinction?
Being stalked across alliances by those bearing grudges, or warned against joining another alliance?
Unacceptable.

I am willing to add my personal fortune, 2 billion gold, to Arctic's offer.

If the "Grand Alliance" wishes to live up to their name, then they will be magnanimous in their victory (which they have plainly achieved) and bring hostilities to an end.

The server is now yours.  Your actions, for good or for ill, will shape the future of the game for all of us.  I would ask that you take great care in deciding what sort of world you create.

I may be a complete outsider to this war, but I live here in Illy too.  When I see a group of alliances with ~5x the manpower beating another alliance to death and apparently intent on their extinction...that gives me pause.

It also doesn't seem especially "Grand" to me.  I'm probably not alone in thinking that.  Your enemy is defeated.  You have dethroned them, which was your purpose.  Well fought, and congratulations.  Objective achieved.

I urge you to to BE truly grand now, and accept this amended offer for peace.  Live up to the name you have given yourselves.

Then I urge you to join me in supporting the code of conduct referenced in my other thread, as originally outlined by KP.

If more blood is needed in order to for some or other debt to be satisfied...if you absolutely MUST raze a few more cities, then I offer you two of mine.  My forces will stand down.  If that's what it takes, so be it.  Let there be Peace.

-=Vel=-

Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 04:27
This offer is a nice thought but I do not think throwing gold at people will end hostilities.
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 04:34
Re:
This offer is a nice thought but I do not think throwing gold at people will end hostilities.

From Halaldir's post regarding peace:
2 .  2 billion escrow NAP with NAAM
3.  EO/Kumo/Starry/KP accounts each lose 1 town, which will be razed/capture by players on our side. 

___

Item one is defacto.  I don't think anyone would argue that H? has, in any way "won" this war.  They are defeated.  A formal announcement to that effect will not change the equation.

I'm offering the full sum of the gold requested, and half the cities that must be offered up in sacrifice.  If that is still insufficient, I'll offer two more from my alt.

Peace terms satisfied.  The only question now is whether they will be accepted.  :)
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 04:54
Originally posted by Velociryx Velociryx wrote:

Re:

From Halaldir's post regarding peace:
2 .  2 billion escrow NAP with NAAM
3.  EO/Kumo/Starry/KP accounts each lose 1 town, which will be razed/capture by players on our side. 

___

Item one is defacto.  I don't think anyone would argue that H? has, in any way "won" this war.  They are defeated.  A formal announcement to that effect will not change the equation.

I'm offering the full sum of the gold requested, and half the cities that must be offered up in sacrifice.  If that is still insufficient, I'll offer two more from my alt.

Peace terms satisfied.  The only question now is whether they will be accepted.  :)
I hate to break it to you but what I gathered was that those cities need to be from EO/Kumo/Starry/KP, I doubt they would change their mind and raze yours instead. I could be wrong. I suppose the only thing to do now is sit back and see what happens.
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 04:57
I'm not sure how it would be different though...I could simply let each of those players come take one of my cities to get back to where they were.
Four cities requested - up to four offered if needs be.
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 05:05
Originally posted by Velociryx Velociryx wrote:

I'm not sure how it would be different though...I could simply let each of those players come take one of my cities to get back to where they were.
Four cities requested - up to four offered if needs be.
It is different because you are not one of the leaders of H?. There are multiple reasons to go after their cities but no one besides the leaders of the Grand Alliance will probably ever know for sure. My guess is they want H? badly hurt enough physically and morally that H? never considers restarting the war. It makes sense. But since neither of us are in the war we probably are missing some important information pertaining to why there has not been peace yet.

Edited by Gemley - 18 Jul 2014 at 05:06
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 05:12
We'll have to agree to disagree.  If each of those players (specifically) are required to give up one city each, and I immediately give each of them one of mine, then there's absolutely no difference from a practical standpoint. 
They are right back where they were, and four cities have been destroyed.
This is more efficient, since all my cities are in a nice, tight cluster. ;)  (it's one stop shopping!)
If the Grand Alliance is sincere in their offer of peace, then they now have EVERYTHING they asked for, plus a whole bunch of really great equipment offered by Arctic.

Edited by Velociryx - 18 Jul 2014 at 05:15
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 05:52
The point of the escrow is to protect NAAM(Consult a map if you don't get it), and the point of that is defeated if you're just giving them money to not care about that.  The point of city sacrifice is to be punitive, which, again, is defeated if they're just burning down some uninvolved player's cities.  And all this is completely beside the fact that H? isn't unwilling or unable to meet material conditions, they just don't want to surrender, and there's really nothing anyone outside the conflict can do about that.  

I sort of get why people are frustrated about this, but stuff like this is really not helping anything.  The parties involved are going to have to end the war between them, there isn't a whole lot we can do.  

Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 05:57
I respectfully disagree.
A peace offer was made.
In it, there were conditions set forth.
2b in gold, and four cities.
Those are being offered.
They were the victors' conditions.
They are free to change their minds I suppose and demand something else, but their demands HAVE BEEN met by this offer.

They can choose to accept it or not.
And you can expect frustrations on the server to continue to increase.
H? is in no position to attack at this point.
Since they are not, it's up to the group DOING the attacking to choose to call a halt, or not.

In a domestic dispute (which is what this is, at the core, inside our great big Illy family), you can't very well fault the person being beaten to death for "failing to submit."
On the other hand, you CAN fault the party administering the beating.  That's where this is now.

Everything that was asked for has now been offered.  They money can be applied to escrow, and cities can be taken.

The full measure of what has been demanded.

Edited by Velociryx - 18 Jul 2014 at 06:06
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 06:11
Respectfully, if you apply some reading comprehension, you would see that the point of Hath's terms isn't that they want stuff.  You're just ignore the point of the terms and wondering why you aren't facilitating peace.  And even if you could convince them, you're still faced with the underlying problem that Harmless still won't accept, because that's not their issue either.  

Not respectfully, your comparing this to domestic violence is unworthy and complete crap.  Please cut that out.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic