Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA.A. & BSH Conflict

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:01
Originally posted by scaramouche scaramouche wrote:

who is gameplayer anyway?...obviously he's hiding his IGN..but someone must know.
dont understand why he  would come here as an alias,  unless its because he feels he can say whatever he likes without perpetrating his IGN.

Gameplayer=Twilights
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:23
Originally posted by Grego Grego wrote:

Army sizes during White War were smaller than nowadays but exodus of Diablito and most of his mates had serious consequences on Illyriad in whole. H? created a myth from this ancient war in which they paint themselves as victorious peacekeepers, I believe it was misfortune for good game.

btw, gameplayer would love Diablito's policy :)
Ok hold on, I would agree there is a mystique about the heroism of H? during the White war, however what alliance wouldnt boast about winning against one of the largest alliances on the server?-Furthermore Diablito was a jerk, a poor diplomat and a liar. His alliance supported the idea of farming new players and supported tactics that included completely fabricated reasons to attack ppl at peace. The game is different with him and his alliance dead- but in positive way. The fact that you call this a myth is confusing since the people that were around can attest to the facts of what happened and the characters that you speak about. 
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:26
Originally posted by Grego Grego wrote:

Army sizes during White War were smaller than nowadays but exodus of
Diablito and most of his mates had serious consequences on Illyriad in
whole. H? created a myth from this ancient war in which they paint
themselves as victorious peacekeepers, I believe it was misfortune for
good game.

What tripe! Were we not victorious? Did we not support Illy's culture of newbie protection for years? Who has supported this culture of new player protection more than H? Are we not supporting it even now by removing the biggest bullies?

Go get some grounding in reality. Your attempts at re-writing history are pathetic at best. You are part of a group that is trying to change this strong Illy culture and the fact that you are failing is the best possible outcome for continuing this wonderful Illy world we all enjoy.

Edited by Kumomoto - 06 Jan 2013 at 02:20
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:45
omg, everyone remember this is a fantasy game, we suppose to have fun....now back to plotting against my game enemies..a true game of thrones..and  good luck to them...not...grins with fanged teeth
Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 00:24
Originally posted by gameplayer gameplayer wrote:

omg, everyone remember this is a fantasy game, we suppose to have fun....now back to plotting against my game enemies..a true game of thrones..and  good luck to them...not...grins with fanged teeth

You continually remind people that Illy is "just a game." This is no reason to suggest players not become emotionally charged and invested in it. In fact, the vigor with which people will debate, wage war, and defend their reputation is in my mind one an indicator of Illyriad's success as an MMO.

So long as people limit their targeted emotions to an account's in-game character, and do not extend it to the person behind the keyboard, they have every right to display passion, anger, sadness, jealousy, honor, rage, vengance, etc; some might even find it one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

Edited by Hadus - 06 Jan 2013 at 00:25
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 01:07
ur so cute! i think i have an illy crush on u....i hope u like my bed of nails....wait i have to go back to planning ur demise in the game but ur so cuteeeeeeeeee, nice setup of ur alliance to the east, u might want to spread a little more. i trying to figure out how to use leap frog strategy, hopefully battle magic helps me make this strategy work!
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 02:19
Originally posted by Hadus Hadus wrote:

Originally posted by gameplayer gameplayer wrote:

You continually remind people that Illy is "just a game." This is no reason to suggest players not become emotionally charged and invested in it. In fact, the vigor with which people will debate, wage war, and defend their reputation is in my mind one an indicator of Illyriad's success as an MMO.

So long as people limit their targeted emotions to an account's in-game character, and do not extend it to the person behind the keyboard, they have every right to display passion, anger, sadness, jealousy, honor, rage, vengance, etc; some might even find it one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

+1, Hadus.

The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 03:40
Diablito's behavior would have violated the current ToS in many aspects.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 04:38
H/White war was on a similar magnitude to this one, troop numbers were smaller naturally due to evolution but participation numbers were relative to now. Despite the apparent direction we are headed I must say it has been interesting, neither side has convinced anyone who is "right" nor has the "real" reason for war been defined, I am however much better understanding of Coal's opinion and also convinced there is more than one angle of origin. It matters little now, military might and nous will decide the outcome just as it always were to be. I still anxiously await the faction release regardless of the result, I see them as the Devs little bundle of joy and one that we may all need to work together at to control them.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 05:45
Yup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic